Should 8.1 Licence work for 8.3?

Beta Testing discussion on mikroPascal.
Author

Should 8.1 Licence work for 8.3?

#1 Post by JimKueneman » 01 Feb 2009 05:17

Should the license for version 8.1 also work on 8.3? The version that came in the box crashes way too much but I just hit the "Demo Limit" on 8.3 even though the dialog box says it is "registered to me". If I go over 2k do I have to go back to the earlier V8 release?

Ok, update. 8.1 won't seem to recognize the license either. It says I am licensed in the About Box. Does the license work on Vista?

Jim

piort

#2 Post by piort » 01 Feb 2009 05:46

hi,
for vista, uninstall all previous version ( save your work on separate folder), install the version you want to use ( 8.1 or 8.3) . after installation, right click on the licence program and choice to run it "as administrator" . when you want to start MP, always start it "as admin"... that solve this kind of prob... in the mid time ME fix this bug... but with windows 7 on the way, i'm not sure ME will loose time for that and work alrdy on win7 approved program... everybody know now vista is only a translation OS....like winME....

HTH a bit ;-)

JimKueneman

#3 Post by JimKueneman » 01 Feb 2009 15:41

Running the license install under administrator was something that did not occur to me. I uninstalled everything (did not see a way to uninstall the license). Removed all the folders under Mikroelektronika install folder.

Installed 8.3 (running under administrator), Installed license file (running under administrator), ran mikroPascal (under administrator).

Tried compiling my program (2080 bytes) and the GLCD demo both claim Linker Error "Demo Limit".

Any other suggestions?

It have to say trying to get this thing working since Wednesday has been a bit more than frustrating.

Jim

arcom

#4 Post by arcom » 01 Feb 2009 20:03

If you've reinstalled windows since you've got your licence key you'll have to request a new one.

JimKueneman

#5 Post by JimKueneman » 02 Feb 2009 00:56

I only got the license 5 days ago and have not tested if it worked past 2k until today!

Jim
Last edited by JimKueneman on 02 Feb 2009 17:25, edited 1 time in total.

goran.marinkovic
mikroElektronika team

#6 Post by goran.marinkovic » 02 Feb 2009 16:51

Hi,

I am really sorry but I can not understand you about your license.
Is that mean that your compiler works fine for a five days, and now it's not working?

Regards

JimKueneman

#7 Post by JimKueneman » 02 Feb 2009 17:20

I am really sorry but I can not understand you about your license.
Is that mean that your compiler works fine for a five days, and now it's not working?
Sorry, that is not what I mean. I ran the license software five days ago and it appearded to succeed. I opened the About Box and it had my name under "Registered To" so I thought all was fine.

I spent the last five days writing code but until Sunday I had not tried to compile a program over 2k. On Sunday my program went over the 2k limit but the compiler give me a "Demo Limit" Error in the linker.

FYI: There is a mikroPascal.key file in the install folder after I ran the registration program.

Bottom line: all I want to do is use my registered compiler on a program over 2k bytes that I received almost a week ago!

Jim

goran.marinkovic
mikroElektronika team

#8 Post by goran.marinkovic » 04 Feb 2009 14:51

Hi,

I believe that my colleague is already answered on your question on this link:
http://www.mikroe.com/en/support/intera ... inter=2698

If you have any other question, feel free to contact us on our Support Desk:
http://www.mikroe.com/en/support/

Regards

Return to “mikroPascal Beta Testing”