flash issues

General discussion on mikroBasic for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

flash issues

#1 Post by kingGrey » 24 Oct 2009 01:33

Has anyone experienced issues writing to flash memory & using the Uartx for the dspic33F128GP306 ?

it could also just be that the Flash library is not stable - which i am leaning towards, because after programming; it works sometimes and other times it does not ( during these times it either will not run at all, or it will causes the dspic to RESET continuously)

any ideas ?
Thank You for your help
An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
http://www.stevenswater.com/catalog/stevensProductdl3000.aspx?SKU=%2793750%27

bt

#2 Post by bt » 24 Oct 2009 20:26

Yes - I've had problems writing to eeprom on 30F4012. The errata to the data sheet for that pic tells of erratic write problems in certain blocks of the address. Perhaps you're experiencing a similar problem. Microchip suggested a work-around.

Also, mE has/had a problem in writing to the eeprom and a work-around was pointed out to me by mE in response to a bug report I filed. It's been a year since I looked at it but, if you search my posts, you'll find the info. As I recall, the work-around required writing zero's to the eeprom, then writing the data I want to store (but, I have a poor memory).

anikolic
mikroElektronika team

#3 Post by anikolic » 27 Oct 2009 10:38

it could also just be that the Flash library is not stable
Hi,
Could you please open the support ticket as http://www.mikroe.com/en/support/, make a simple demo program and attach the entire project folder as a ZIP file, so we can take a look.

Best regards,
Aleksandar
Web Department Manager

Return to “mikroBasic for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 General”