mikromedia powered Minimaus beet loader

Here you can find latest news on mikroElektronika products.
Author
srdjan.misic
mikroElektronika team

#1 Post by srdjan.misic » 06 Mar 2014 18:15

We're continuing with our customers' stories, today we introduce Bernhard Brettmeister
who works in his father's company that builds agricultural machines. After not being able
to find a ready-made solution for controlling a sugar beet loader they were developing,
Bernhard took matters in his own hands and built the necessary components by himself,
using a PIC32 mikromedia board.

We had the pleasure of meeting Bernhard in person at this year's Embedded World, you
can get to know him through this email he sent us:

Hi,

my name is Bernhard Brettmeister, i am 26 years old and i come from Germany. I love products
from MikroElektronika, they are easy to use, have many examples and the price is very good.

My father has a company that builds agricultural machines, and I work there too. We have
about 15 employees. Three years ago we were in the middle of developing a new sugar beet
loader called "Minimaus" and we had to figure out what should we use for electronics.

I spent a lot of time searching for suitable components for a device to be mounted on tractors,
but there was nothing satisfactory on the market. So I decided to start a company and build
the components myself.

I have my own bus system developed with the name "Qubus". It is specifically designed to
control the hydraulic system of tractor equipment.

And now MikroElektronika comes into play. The Brain of the command board is a mikromedia for PIC32,
and all the software is written with the MikroC Compiler.

You can see the mikromedia-controlled-machine on youtube

The production of the machine starts last Year and this year we start the production of the next mikromedia-powered
machine called Brettmeister K3 "

You can find more informations about the machines on our Homepage: http://www.brettmeister.de
and more about the electronics: http://www.brettmeister-elektronik.de

Best Regards,
Bernhard Brettmeister

To be honest, we didn't have a clue what a beet loader is. Boot loaders are more our territory. But that's the thing,
there are so many possible applications for our products that it's beyond any single person's scope of imagination.
Getting exposed to stories from domains other than your own can sometimes give you a fresh perspective, and lead
you to new ideas and approaches for your own projects.

If you have a story of our own to share with us, just send us a message at marketing@mikroe.com, include "My Story"
in the subject line.

Yours sincerely,
MikroElektronika

Return to “Product Announcements”