EasyMx PRO™ v7 for Stellaris® ARM® board released!

Here you can find latest news on mikroElektronika products.
Author
anikolic
mikroElektronika team

#1 Post by anikolic » 21 Feb 2012 18:06

Long awaited EasyMx PRO™ v7 for Stellaris® ARM® board has just been released!

We know that many of you are very excited to hear this: Stellaris® Toolchain has just been completed
with the new EasyMx PRO™ v7 board. It is our first full-featured development system for Stellaris® ARM®
microcontrollers, that will be able to handle both Cortex™-M3 and Cortex™-M4.

Board is absolutely fantastic. We used 4-layer PCB routing to achieve excellent signal quality, which is
important for SPI and other communication lines running at high speeds. We included multimedia peripherals,
such as TFT touch screen, Stereo audio codec with Headphone and Microphone jacks, microSD slot and
Navigation switch.

There are plenty of communication modules on board too. USB HOST and Device connectors, two
USB-UARTs, Ethernet and CAN module. Two mikroBUS™ sockets enable you to easily add Click boards.

Board features nine Input/Output PORT groups with IDC10 headers, buttons and LEDs.

But probably the best thing is that board contains mikroProg™ - fast on-board programmer and hardware debugger.

Board supports different MCU cards which cover almost all Stellaris® microcontrollers. You can purchase empty
MCU cards and solder the desired microcontroller for yourself, or you can purchase our default MCU card,
containing LM3S9B95 device

We invite you to visit the board webpage to get more information about this hot new product.

Yours sincerely,
mikroElektronika
Web Department Manager

mLaki

Re: EasyMx PRO™ v7 for Stellaris® ARM® board released!

#2 Post by mLaki » 21 Feb 2012 20:38

If the stand-alone mikroProg for Stellaris is so dirty cheap, why mE opted to put one on board? If there was JTAG/SWD connector on board, other brands could be used by changing the MCU card, but since there is none... Why would someone design such a feature packed board and then tie it only to one ARM vendor? I really don't understand.
Proud owner of EasyAVR5, BigAVR2, AVRProg2... currently transitioning to ARM...

filip
mikroElektronika team

#3 Post by filip » 23 Feb 2012 11:14

Hi,

Well, all of your questions seem to fall into the field of company's policy and management decisions regarding the EasyMx PRO™ v7 for Stellaris® ARM® board.
If you carefully look the name of the board, it clearly says that it is designed for the Stellaris family and supports full range of Stellaris devices (1000, 2000, 5000, 6000, 8000, 9000, X00, LM4F110, LM4F120, LM4F130, LM4F210 and LM4F230 Series ).

Also, we have provided the best and fastest on-board programmer/debugger (in cooperation with Texas Instruments) to ensure that our users get the product of excellent quality.

I hope I have clarified things regarding this subject

Regards,
Filip.

tawdy

#4 Post by tawdy » 09 Aug 2012 04:12

Dear Sir
I am from Egypt..I am new guy in Software Embedded System field and want to join that field and want to learn ARM processor by practice, i like that bored and i think it is good way to start but have some worry and question..so if u mind can u clarify these points and answer these questions
1-there are two bored you offer in the site that have a ARM processor
EasyMx PRO v7 for Stellaris® ARM® is a development board for Stellaris® ARM® Cortex™-M3 and Cortex™-M4 devices
and
EasyMx PRO v7 for STM32 ARM® is a development board for STM32 ARM® Cortex™-M3 and Cortex™-M4 devices
-what i think is, the main defiance is just deferent vendor of processor but same architecture of processor….am I correct?
-which one do you recommend for a new guy
2-should I buy a mikroC Compilers to be able to write a c code? Or can I just use a free tools
3-can u pls descript to me the software that come with that bored
4-Will the mikroProg™ on board work without the mikroC Compilers
And finally if am I going to order it..is there local distributor and support in Egypt
Is it your local distributor in Egypt
AL-AMIR ELECTRONICS
46 Falaki St. BabLouk Area, Cairo, Egypt
Tel: +20-(02)-3929789
Tel: +20-(012)-9379569 (mobile)
E-mail: alamir@ekt2.com
http://www.ekt2.com/ekt/?sect=electronics

thanks in advance and waiting your answer

janko.kaljevic

#5 Post by janko.kaljevic » 09 Aug 2012 17:51

Hello,

Yes you are right.
TI and STM are different vendors of the same ARM Cortex controllers. So you can easily switch between them.
Both controllers are very similar and there are not very much differences between them. Also boards are almost the same, so you should make your choice toward the controller with larger community (this means that you will be able to find more example codes). But I assure you that you will not make a mistake in any case.

The board can be programmed with any compiler that supports questioned controllers. But I suggest you to check our compiler too. You can download it from our web site and try Demo Version (demo limit is 2k programming words). Also our ARM compiler supports both STM and Stellaris controllers.

Along with the board you will get demo version of compiler, example codes, manual, schematics, and mirkoPog Suite for ARM. This is application that can be used for programming and debugging controllers. Also on board programmer is compatible with ICDI programmer (STM version is compatible with STLinkv2) so you can use it with other programming applications.

You can order your development tools directly from our web site or from any of our distributors (global or local).
AL-AMIR ELECTRONICS is our distributor from Egypt.

Best regards.

Return to “Product Announcements”