Lucio di Jasio created a mikromedia bootloader for OS X

Here you can find latest news on mikroElektronika products.
Author
srdjan.misic
mikroElektronika team

Lucio di Jasio created a mikromedia bootloader for OS X

#1 Post by srdjan.misic » 23 Oct 2014 19:30

Lucio di Jasio’s mikromedia bootloader for OS X

And by pure coincidence, our CEO Neb came to work today dressed like Steve Jobs.

Call it throwback Thursday, but the fact is we’ve been busy making all sorts of
announcements—most notably the release of Wunderbar and the launch
of Flowpaw on Kickstarter—that we neglected to mention—it somehow slipped
through the cracks—that our friend Lucio Di Jasio made a mikromedia bootloader
for OS X

I love the bootloader that comes with MikroElektronika products, and in particular the mikromedia boards,
wrote Lucio on his blog, but for one thing… it does not run on my platform of choice: OS X.

Lucio then goes on and he explains how everything works in detail, and shares
the code via a bitbucket repository
. The application runs both in command line mode
and GUI mode. Currently it supports mikromedia for PIC24 only, but you’re
invited to improve it and expand it

On a separate, but also Steve Jobs-related note*, Robert (AKA Megahurts), member
of our forums nailed the description of our workplace in an email the other day:

“I think its awesome the things you guys are coming out with and that you're always
busy at it. I have this image in my head that working [in MikroE] is a lot like
working for PIXAR
Studios, they also take great pride in keeping work and the
workplace as fun as possible.”

That’s spot on. It’s also flattering, Pixar Animations is a great company.

So you see, even though Lucio’s project deserved to be mentioned earlier, you can
still be sure that more timely exciting announcements and news from us are coming
up in the future. We’re quite busy, but we try to keep you informed and do our best
to give you a portrayal of what it’s like in MikroElektronika.

Also, stay tuned for Roberts Element 14 roadtest review, featuring some of
our boards.

Yours sincerely,
MikroElektronika

*for those of you who didn’t know, Jobs was one of the co-founders, and CEO of Pixar

MaGiK

Re: Lucio di Jasio created a mikromedia bootloader for OS X

#2 Post by MaGiK » 24 Oct 2014 09:40

srdjan.misic wrote: our CEO Neb came to work today dressed like Steve Jobs.
"Great minds think alike" ... and apparently, they dress alike too! :lol:

Indeed your news are quite ... heavy these days.
Most of your news are quite troublesome for the wallets of your costumers :lol:
My wallet is becoming thinner than the credit card it contains :shock:

I'm sure Lucio is doing great with whatever he does, and that's why I'll definitely follow his news when I change from 8-bits PIC's to 16-bit PIC's.
The thing is that I'm quite comfortable with 8-bit PIC's that it's so hard to say good bye :cry:
srdjan.misic wrote:Robert (AKA Megahurts), member of our forums nailed the description of our workplace in an email the other day
Man! He got to visit your workplace!?! Or am I misunderstanding this statement?
If the first line is true, then he's so lucky!
If the second line is true, then exit this "if loop"
Just kidding :wink:
I'm always happy to hear the news of Megahurts or MikroElektronika. The news that includes both are just too good to be true :D

Keep up the amazing work MikroElektronika. You've got a bigger part of my heart than Pixar :D
Best Regards
My hobby is collecting MikroElektronika products.
Gotta catch them all!

srdjan.misic
mikroElektronika team

#3 Post by srdjan.misic » 24 Oct 2014 18:13

hey hey MaGik, just to clarify, he wasn't here (although he's always welcome), it's just the impression he gets from following the site I guess.
If the first line is true, then he's so lucky!
If the second line is true, then exit this "if loop"
Just kidding :wink:
lmao

Megahurts

#4 Post by Megahurts » 24 Oct 2014 22:39

hey hey MaGik, just to clarify, he wasn't here (although he's always welcome), it's just the impression he gets from following the site I guess.
:D Yeah, I wish I do get the chance to visit someday. Though I wonder how many guys it would take to pry my fingers and toes from the door jambs at closing time (or when tour was over)? :lol:

If everyone around here was stupid enough to bet against me on Foosball games, I'd play like crazy to win enough to pay for the plane ride over (no return ticket :wink: ). (but everyone here knows better than to do that sadly :( )
:idea: Hmmm, maybe time for a trip to Vegas to find some high (drunk or not) rollers foolish enough to play me? :twisted:

@MaGiK, Thanks buddy for the wishful thinking. Srdjan has been gracious and very helpful with emails these last few weeks with me on this review I'm doing. He is extremely funny, helpful and fun to talk (correspond) with.
One of the things we have discovered about each other (sorry Srdjan, cat's out of the bag :o ), we both have a Douglas Adams (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) influenced & twisted sense of humor. I recognized it in every one of his news posts. It was also the 'give away' for my making the comment about PIXAR and Mikroe similarities in work ethos.

@ CEO Neb, I think Steve would've been happy and proud to be your inspiration for the company you have created too.
I'm sure he is still smiling from somewhere surrounded by hi-tech and bier steins. Oh wait! He is, right there in that picture in the HQ. I was right, he is surrounded by hi-tech and bier steins! :shock: :lol:

Robert.
HW: easyPIC5|PICFlash2|easyBT|smartGSM|easyGSM|PICPLC16|mmWorkStation|FT800 Eve|PIC Clicker/2|
MMBs:PIC18F,PIC33EP,PIC32|CLICKs:DAC,ADC,GPS L10,Thermo,8x8B LED,Stepper,W/B OLED,9DOF,GPS3,tRF,Hall I|

SW: mP for PIC|mB for PIC-dsPIC-PIC32|Visual-TFT|

Return to “Product Announcements”