TCP connection initiative

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC.
Author

TCP connection initiative

#1 Post by sohailkhanonline » 11 Apr 2008 10:59

As far as i have studied mikroC there is no way that you can take initiative for establishing TCP connection. All we can do is to respond to TCP request using built in function called internally by library.
Another workaround is to send UDP packet to a server and then when it replies we can code for next step. But it is not possible to make UDP server at every server end perhaps difficult for us to persuade programmers :(

It result in potential bottleneck in using mikroC for TCP/IP.

I wish that such function should be available which take input from the user about remote ip and port and then send any data to server which can then respond..
In this way lots of microcontrollers can be configured as clients for a major server..

If i am missing something please help me out otherwise please full fill my request as soon as possible.
:)

srdjan
mikroElektronika team

Re: TCP connection initiative

#2 Post by srdjan » 14 Apr 2008 15:01

sohailkhanonline wrote:As far as i have studied mikroC there is no way that you can take initiative for establishing TCP connection. All we can do is to respond to TCP request using built in function called internally by library.
Another workaround is to send UDP packet to a server and then when it replies we can code for next step. But it is not possible to make UDP server at every server end perhaps difficult for us to persuade programmers :(

It result in potential bottleneck in using mikroC for TCP/IP.

I wish that such function should be available which take input from the user about remote ip and port and then send any data to server which can then respond..
In this way lots of microcontrollers can be configured as clients for a major server..

If i am missing something please help me out otherwise please full fill my request as soon as possible.
:)
Current implementation of ethernet library does not support TCP clients. We will work on this, but, at the moment, considering our current plans, I can not give you any deadlines. Thank you for understanding.

sohailkhanonline

#3 Post by sohailkhanonline » 15 Apr 2008 11:07

I have placed the order for
LV_24_33
which had advanced Ethernet library and it seems that it contains all the functions i needed..
So i know it will further complicate my application
but i am left with no other option
:(
If mikroelektronica can help me in using the advance ethernet library in easypic 5 dev board in mikroC.
otherwise......
this is not a good policy for us..

toxie

#4 Post by toxie » 12 Oct 2008 14:12

@sohailkhanonline
Have you managed to solve the PIC TCP client problem ? Most probably in a few days i will get my 18F87j60 so i`m planning too to make it to run as a TCP client.
Regards, Toni

egoveedee

#5 Post by egoveedee » 11 Feb 2009 15:45

sohailkhanonline wrote: Another workaround is to send UDP packet to a server and then when it replies we can code for next step. But it is not possible to make UDP server at every server end perhaps difficult for us to persuade programmers :(
For me, that's not an option

I want to act the microcontroller as client who send data to the server over a tcp connection.

When will mikroe this implements into MikroC? Talk we about weeks? months? years?

srdjan
mikroElektronika team

#6 Post by srdjan » 11 Feb 2009 16:18

Hi,
egoveedee wrote:
sohailkhanonline wrote: Another workaround is to send UDP packet to a server and then when it replies we can code for next step. But it is not possible to make UDP server at every server end perhaps difficult for us to persuade programmers :(
For me, that's not an option

I want to act the microcontroller as client who send data to the server over a tcp connection.

When will mikroe this implements into MikroC? Talk we about weeks? months? years?
We will implement TCP client support as soon as time permits. I really can not give you any deadlines at the moment.

dodoletesteur

#7 Post by dodoletesteur » 16 Feb 2009 22:59

OK.

But is there a reason for this? Is it so difficult to build a library which makes it possible to have TCP Client features?

It seems like you always postpone this feature, and I really don't understand why... Yet, it would be very useful!

Regards.

prancius

#8 Post by prancius » 21 Dec 2011 12:59

Any news about this problem. Does send TCP is impelemnted in some library?

srdjan
mikroElektronika team

#9 Post by srdjan » 21 Dec 2011 13:02

prancius wrote:Any news about this problem. Does send TCP is impelemnted in some library?
Yep,
http://www.libstock.com/projects/view/1 ... et-library

prancius

#10 Post by prancius » 21 Dec 2011 13:25

How to install this package?

srdjan
mikroElektronika team

#11 Post by srdjan » 21 Dec 2011 14:59

prancius wrote:How to install this package?
http://www.mikroe.com/eng/products/view ... e-manager/

Return to “mikroC Wish List”