PIC18 libraries replacements - package updated to v 1.12

General discussion on mikroPascal PRO for PIC.
Author

Re: PIC18 libraries replacements - updated for mP v >= 5.01

#61 Post by janni » 05 Jul 2014 16:10

New release of the replacement libs, following the release of mP PRO v6.40, is ready for download (package version 1.01). Some cosmetic changes were done to MathDouble library and three routines in String library were corrected (thanks to Rainer for pointing out the problem :) ).
There's also new version of LibsSwitch program that manages activation of the replacement libraries (and assists their updates).
LibsSwitch_003.png
LibsSwitch_003.png (27.17 KiB) Viewed 7278 times

Dany

Re: PIC18 libraries replacements - package updated to v 1.01

#62 Post by Dany » 05 Jul 2014 17:59

Thanks! :D :D
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)
Remember when we were young? We shone like the sun. (David Gilmour)

janni

Re: PIC18 libraries replacements - package updated to v 1.05

#63 Post by janni » 31 Dec 2014 18:11

New release of the replacement libs, following the release of mP PRO v6.50, is ready for download (package version 1.05). Main change involves adding C functions, setjmp and longjmp, that mE for some reason decided to add to System library (funny thing is that these routines do not even function in mC starting from v 6.40 and barely functioned before; if someone intends to use them in mP, better use the replacement System library that fixed errors in the originals). Another two internal routines that mE introduced already in mP 6.40 were also added - though one of them is nonfunctional in the original form and the other never used as it duplicates the function of already present one, some mE Ethernet libraries demand their presence.

There's also new version of LibsSwitch program (0.05) that reads compiler version also from some ini file in compiler installation directory to confront data in registry which may be wrong. Please download the packed libs from here knowing that LibsSwitch makes update of replacement libs painless :) .

For those that haven't yet updated to mP v 6.50 - remember to run LibsSwitch after update so it may copy new versions of mE libs.

chimimic

Re: PIC18 libraries replacements - package updated to v 1.05

#64 Post by chimimic » 02 Jan 2015 10:07

Thanks Janni ! :D

janni

Re: PIC18 libraries replacements - package updated to v 1.07

#65 Post by janni » 01 Jan 2017 18:40

Another release of the replacement libs, following the release of mP PRO v7.00, is ready for download (package version 1.07).

Two procedures, ByteToStrWithZeros and ShortToStrWithZeros, were added to Conversions library to reflect changes in mE's version of this library (replacement library already contained similar functions so only calls to them were added). Another new function that appeared in mE's library, FloatToStr_FixLen, will be added to replacement lib when the original starts working correctly (hopefully it will also be modified to make more sense :wink: ).

There was a conflict between abs function from C_Stdlib that mE added some time ago and similarly named function in Math replacement library. To make possible use of the pseudo-random functions from C_Stdlib library, a replacement was added that contains these functions.

There's also new version of LibsSwitch program (0.06) that accounts for added C_Stdlib replacement. Archived libs and LibsSwitch program may be downloaded here.

As Package Manager hangs while restoring packages in mP PRO v 7.00, LibsSwitch has to be run to install replacement libs rather than upgrade them, but both are easy to do.

chimimic

#66 Post by chimimic » 01 Jan 2017 20:43

Thanks Janni.

Dany

#67 Post by Dany » 05 Jan 2017 12:14

Thanks Janni! :D :D :D
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)

Soumitrab

#68 Post by Soumitrab » 10 Jan 2017 18:00

Thanks Janni, great lib set. :)

janni

#69 Post by janni » 12 Jan 2017 17:46

Apparently it was my turn to catch a cold so, instead of doing something creative :wink: , I've grouped all replacement libs' descriptions in a single help file that may be downloaded here. (To have it accessible from Tools in IDE one has to place an executable in 'File Name' field - ussually C:\Windows\hh.exe; path to the help file should be placed in 'Parametrs' field.)

For those more adventurous I've merged mP PRO help (v. 7.00) with replacement libs help (it's called merging, but all that gets merged are indexes) thus allowing to reach sought replacement libraries' topics with F1 key from Code Editor or with double-click from Library Manager. For this to work one has to replace the original mP PRO help file (mikroPascal_PRO_PIC.chm) with the new one and add the replacement libs help file (ReplacementLibs.chm) to compiler installation directory. Both files are accessible in single archive here.

On the way I've polished few chapters in mP PRO help, which, hopefully, does not constitute drastic infringement on mE's intellectual property rights (at least the cause seemed just and mE never seems to have enough resources for it).

janni

Re: PIC18 libraries replacements - package updated to v 1.08

#70 Post by janni » 09 Jan 2018 03:01

New release of the replacement libs is ready for download (package version 1.08). Besides System and EEPROM libraries replacements for PIC18FxxK40 processors (compiler has specific versions of these libs) it contains basic libraries for enhanced family processors (Delays, System, and math libs).

As always, new replacement libraries fix problems of the official libs (like the memory switch problem present in original EEPROM libs for PIC18FxxK40), reduce code size and execution times. Only one of the 'old' replacement libs has been modified - 32-bit division in Math library has been compacted even more (but not at the cost of execution time).

Libraries for enhanced family processors remove the danger of memory overwriting (due to errors in original System and Math libraries) and fix the 'immortal' quirks of original math libraries. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to add String and Conversions libs replacements (and little motivation, I have to admit, as I only use smallest enhanced family processors - for small tasks, naturally :) . In fact, the floating-point math libraries were added mostly because of the momentum attained while rewriting the Math lib :wink: ).

There's also new version of LibsSwitch program (0.07). The whole package may be found here or at Libstock.

janni

Re: PIC18 libraries replacements - package updated to v 1.09

#71 Post by janni » 10 Jan 2018 18:05

Sorry guys, I've blundered with jumps in math library for enhanced family :oops: and had to correct it. If anyone already updated to package version 1.08, please update again to version 1.09 (available here or at Libstock).

Dany

#72 Post by Dany » 10 Jan 2018 19:54

janni wrote:Sorry guys, I've blundered with jumps in math library for enhanced family :oops: and had to correct it. If anyone already updated to package version 1.08, please update again to version 1.09 (available here or at Libstock).
Thanks! :D :D
Kind regards, Dany.

chimimic

#73 Post by chimimic » 11 Jan 2018 17:54

Thank you, Janni ! :D

janni

Re: PIC18 libraries replacements - package updated to v 1.11

#74 Post by janni » 05 Apr 2018 13:30

If anyone missed String and Conversions replacement libraries for enhanced family processors, they're present now in package version 1.11. Addition of EEPROM library replacement makes this set of libs complete which is also reflected in new version of LibsSwitch where the two sets (for PIC18s and enhanced series) are similarly handled now. As usual, new package is available on dedicated website and at Libstock.
LibsSwitch.png
LibsSwitch.png (23.21 KiB) Viewed 5462 times

Mind you, I haven't had time to perform a scrupulous check of String and Conversions replacement libraries for enhanced family processors (this is not as easy as with math libs where a test code can autonomously check all combinations - or at least all critical ones - after just few weeks of running :roll: ). Any feedback about spotted problems is welcome, as always.

Anyone who upgraded to mP PRO v 7.20 will notice that library routines are now automatically ordered alphabetically in Library Manager :( . This makes grouping library routines by function impossible and moves the groups' headings to the end. I haven't removed the headings, though, for those that, like me, stayed with older, less troublesome IDE (one may use older IDE with new command line compiler).

chimimic

Re: PIC18 libraries replacements - package updated to v 1.11

#75 Post by chimimic » 06 Apr 2018 18:04

Thanks, Janni :D

Return to “mikroPascal PRO for PIC General”