Code Editor

Beta Testing discussion on mikroPascal PRO for PIC.
Author

Code Editor

#1 Post by janni » 16 Apr 2011 15:10

I'm sure we all appreciate compilers for new processor families (we just welcomed compilers for PIC32s and, from what I know, it will not be the last of mE achievements :) ) and all here surely understand the hudge effort required to develop them. Still, I wish that some of the development time was sacrificed to remove at least some of the quirks of Code Editor that distract programmers from their work.

I know, I'm mostly repeating myself and others (though not all problems were present in previous version), but maybe the following list will be of some use.

- several of Edit Options simply do not work and part of these could be removed (or at least grayed-out), if they're not in any nearest future development plans,

- cursor position while marking text close to gutter may be not recognised - actual start of marking may be the last cursor position,

- changes to order of files in Edit window are not saved,

- bookmarks and breakpoints are not saved (though there are residual traces of these when one reopens a project),
Bookmarks.gif
Bookmarks.gif (2.09 KiB) Viewed 1548 times
- unchecking hints in Messages blocks both hints and warnings while unchecking warnings has no effect,

- tabs are always replaced by spaces - whatever the settings,

- first tab is larger by one space than next ones,

- repeat..until disrupts indent guides (code folding also goes awry),

- Replace dialog sometimes covers the text to be replaced
Replace.gif
Replace.gif (60.42 KiB) Viewed 1548 times
-while marking text close to right margin, cursor tends to run away to far right - one needs quick reflexes to stop this in time,

- drag&drop copying may produce undesired effects depending on when the Ctrl key is pressed - if pressed before dragging with mouse, cursor may jump to another part of code or even to a unit that was not even opened before, like below
CtrlCopy.gif
CtrlCopy.gif (56.16 KiB) Viewed 1548 times

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: Code Editor

#2 Post by filip » 18 Apr 2011 13:01

Hi,

Thank you for your effort in making this list, it will be very helpful.

Regards,
Filip.

Return to “mikroPascal PRO for PIC Beta Testing”