project groups

Beta Testing discussion on mikroPascal PRO for PIC.
Author

project groups

#1 Post by jpc » 14 Dec 2010 22:56

the project manager still needs some work, i do not even how i succeeded to create a project group with 6 projects, i have seen very strange messages and now i cannot save the project group allthough now it exists it seems to work, at least i can build all projects in the group which together with the build all files in the projects option makes life comfortable when working with big projects. Adding projects to a group seems ok but mainly the saving of the group is behaving rather strange.
Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont rois.

jpc

Re: project groups

#2 Post by jpc » 15 Dec 2010 09:28

some more on this project groups issue , when i add a project to the group, the first project expands in the project manager, i would rather see it stay in its compact presentation because now when adding multiple projects this is the most convenient presentation. It looks like once a group is saved you cannot save it any more ( allthough it looks like the group-structure is updated correctly). It would be nice if the IDE memorizes the group between sessions. Now i must explicitly open a group each time.
Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont rois.

OT

Re: project groups

#3 Post by OT » 17 Dec 2010 07:23

Hi jpc,
These are probably some of the same issues I reported for the dsPic version sharing the code for the IDE.
http://www.mikroe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=24491
I doubt much work was done on this to improve this in the 4.5 versions, although I have not had time to check it much.
Personally I have given up on the project groups until they get things fixed, and it does not matter too much. However for marketing purposes I think it is important to get details like this well polished, which is far from the current state.

Return to “mikroPascal PRO for PIC Beta Testing”