Problem in COFF file for Proteus.

General discussion on mikroC PRO for AVR.
Author

Problem in COFF file for Proteus.

#1 Post by BernaF84 » 12 May 2015 17:33

My native language is not English, but Spanish. So, I´ll try to ask some question to MikroC Team:
I´ve being debugging an ATmega328p MikroC_Pro_ AVR project by using Proteus ISIS. Compiler reports COFF file is ok but Proteus reports something like this [COFF]Could not load source file ´C:\...\Documents\Mikroelektronika\mikroC PRO for AVR\Uses\lte64kW\__Lib_Math.c´and project can be simulated but I´m sure there are some bugs but it´s imposible to trace source program. Other files are requested, too: __Lib_MathDouble.c and __Lib_System.c. How to solve this problem? Why Mikro Team not include a Proteus plugin for Mikro IDE, like MPLAB? It´d be very nice.

Aleksandar.Mitrovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Problem in COFF file for Proteus.

#2 Post by Aleksandar.Mitrovic » 13 May 2015 10:54

Hi Berna,

Unfortunately Proteus is not fully supported software by mikroElektronika and we suggest our users to test their code on real hardware.
So the problems related to Proteus are out of our support scope.

We are aware of this problems so we do not recommend our users to rely in Proteus when they test their code.
I will forward your suggestion to our Development team that Proteus be added to mikroIDE.

Best regards,
Aleksandar

dibor

#3 Post by dibor » 13 May 2015 11:15

Hi Berna,
COFF file is TOTALY NOT compatible with Proteus and Atmel Studio (this is a fact!) :( :twisted:
So, you can try to debug only with integrated "software" debugger.
Don't try internal debugger if you want to debug any peripherals(ADC,UARD.SPI, etc).

Regards.

BernaF84

#4 Post by BernaF84 » 13 May 2015 18:04

Thanks very much for answering my questions. I was hoped to get a solution. I think mikroC has a very nice IDE, I like it. Googling I´ve found out a little soft named Cofmaker that solved my problem. It takes mikroC_pro_avr COFF file and makes it to be compatible with Proteus.
Best regards!

dibor

#5 Post by dibor » 17 May 2015 07:21

Hi.
Cofmaker good for older version of compiler.
I can not use it with 6.0.1 and 6.1.0 MickroC PRO Avr, I got errors.
May be in one day ME team will do COFF file compatible with other debuggers.

Regards.

Return to “mikroC PRO for AVR General”