Getting Started With dsPIC30 - HELP

General discussion on mikroBasic for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

Getting Started With dsPIC30 - HELP

#1 Post by Fritzables » 30 Jun 2008 09:08

Hi All,

I have just received my EasydsPIC4 development board - now it's time to get down and learn how to program PIC. As we know, this board comes with the dsPIC30F4013 processor.

Generally I have written PC programs using either Basic, Pascal (Delphi) and currently C++, but this is only for Windows and not PIC.

I am now overwhelmed with the number of LEDS and Switches these boards come with and therefore now looking for a tutorial which will get me through the basics of PIC programming with simple example code that will turn these LEDS on and the like.

I see there are a few on-line books available but the ones I like are for the 8bit processors. I am talking of the book BASIC for PIC microcontrollers

Even though this book is written for a different processor - can this be used or are there better tutorials around ?

Fritzables. :D

Jan Rune

#2 Post by Jan Rune » 30 Jun 2008 14:41

I think the new online MikroElektronika book "Programming dsPIC (Digital Signal Controllers) in BASIC" is exactly what youre looking for. Its a awesome book for beginners :D

http://www.mikroe.com/en/books/dspicbook/mikrobasic/

Fritzables

#3 Post by Fritzables » 01 Jul 2008 01:15

Thanks Jan,

Yes, I will use this document into the future. But I was more coming from understanding of some of the Syntax used in examples shown.

For example, I see things like TRISB and LATB - where do I go to learn all about what this means?

Fritzables :)

Reuel

#4 Post by Reuel » 01 Jul 2008 05:34

Go to microchip.com and look up your PIC. Download documentation. It explains things like TRISx, LATx, PORTx, etc. Those are PIC specific, not BASIC specific. Somewhere, the online books show their use, but they seem to be written for people who are already familiar with the PIC of choice. When I say PIC, I include dsPIC. :D

Fritzables

#5 Post by Fritzables » 01 Jul 2008 06:54

Thans Reuel.

Fritzables
:D

Return to “mikroBasic for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 General”