mikroProg suite window gets wrong after unfold

General discussion on mikroProg™ programmer and debugger and mikroProg Suite software as well.
Author

mikroProg suite window gets wrong after unfold

#1 Post by JJ123 » 28 Jun 2017 09:01

Hi,

mikroProg suite for PIC [v2.40] windows gets wrong after unfold mcu info section like this.
Anyone knows how to get it right?

Thanks.
Attachments
1.png
1.png (62.57 KiB) Viewed 4143 times

darko.ilijevski

Re: mikroProg suite window gets wrong after unfold

#2 Post by darko.ilijevski » 29 Jun 2017 11:00

Hello,

It usually happens if you are using a display scaling different than 100%. Change back your display scaling and see if that helps. Also I'd suggest you to use the latest version of the software (take a look at the latest version of the mikroProg suite on this LINK), as the errors are usually corrected within the newest versions.

Best regards
BR,
Darko

ilferrari

#3 Post by ilferrari » 21 Sep 2017 13:18

darko.ilijevski wrote:errors are usually corrected within the newest versions.
Unfortunately errors are usually not corrected in new versions. I have told ME repeatedly about this bug for over a year, several releases later they still have not fixed it, and each time they act like it's the first time they've heard about it.

darko.ilijevski

#4 Post by darko.ilijevski » 20 Oct 2017 19:29

Hello
ilferrari wrote: Unfortunately errors are usually not corrected in new versions
I was not able to reproduce such a behavior on a Windows10 machine with the mikroProg suite v2.60

You have to understand that our programs rely on many different underlying technologies, and sometimes even the OS can be a problem. This OS feature - the DPI scaling, has caused problems with the display for a certain number of software applications. As the Microsoft posted in their support forums, the issue is not easy to solve, and the whole software tool chain used in the process of software development has to be updated to accommodate for those OS changes. It is not that rare that Microsoft completely breaks compatibility by releasing some of the hotfixes, or added features. Of course, our programmers were looking a way to solve this problem, but unless the underlying IDE development software doesn't updates it's libraries, they are pretty much helpless. And this is true for many other software apps out there. Also - even the Microsoft abandoned the support for the Winodws 7, so it's to expect that we might have some troubles with it, too.

HERE you can read more information about the DPI problem.

I hope this will help you see the things from another perspective...

Best regards
BR,
Darko

ilferrari

#5 Post by ilferrari » 23 Oct 2017 08:59

darko.ilijevski wrote: I was not able to reproduce such a behavior on a Windows10 machine with the mikroProg suite v2.60
You need to toggle the setting "Disable display scaling on high dpi settings" on the compatibility tab of the program. Windows 10 has a different default setting.

ME fixed this problem 10 months ago. Nadir Celebic emailed it to me, it worked fine, but the fix was not released. I have developed many WinForms apps with no DPI scaling support, and got them working on high DPI. All you need to do is check and make adjustments.

darko.ilijevski

#6 Post by darko.ilijevski » 25 Oct 2017 08:20

Hello,

Well, windows 10 has updated the scaling options in the latest windows edition (creators update) , so there are 3 new settings to be chosen from : application, system, system enhanced. Those are used to fine tune how every specific application is behaving, regarding the scaling. That is the latest attempt by Microsoft to solve the issue on their end and so far, it is working good by default, with the mikroProg 2.60, though I can understand that there's a need to make the application fully scaling-aware. The update you have gotten was not refined enough for the final release and since the latest windows works correctly, this issue is not top priority at the moment. I hope to see it released soon, but for now, that is the situation...

Best regards
BR,
Darko

Return to “mikroProg™ programmer and debugger”