Grid Display

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of Visual TFT Software.
Author

Grid Display

#1 Post by Toley » 12 Apr 2011 02:02

I don't know if it's already been asked but having the option to show a partial grid could be usefull. Also a button on the toolbar to show/hide the grid could be handy.
Serge T.
Learning is an endeless process but it must start somewhere!

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: Grid Display

#2 Post by filip » 12 Apr 2011 10:26

Hi,

What do you mean by partial grid ?

Regards,
Filip.

Toley

#3 Post by Toley » 12 Apr 2011 10:39

Hi filip,

I mean showing only let's say 1 line on 10 but still be able to lock elements on all the lines. I suggest this cause when the grid is displayed, we cannot see correctly the background and then it become harder to see if the color match.
Serge T.

filip
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by filip » 21 Apr 2011 07:59

Hi,

Please, can you clarify your question, because I didn't understand it correctly ?

Regards,
Filip.

Toley

#5 Post by Toley » 21 Apr 2011 11:51

OK I will try differently

Actually the grid in VTFT show all the lines. What I would like is to see only some of the lines but still be able to lock anywhere.
VTFT_grid.gif
VTFT_grid.gif (3.29 KiB) Viewed 2437 times
Another thing I noticed after this post is that the grid stay behind the objects. I would like it to stay in front of objects. The way I actually use VTFT is by drawing a 320 x 240 background image with an external editor and insert it in the back of my project. Then after I add transparent touch button (over my already drawn ones), text and all I need. But when I insert my picture, the grid dissapear, so it become useless for me. Now when I try to write some custom text onscreen, I have to first evaluate the position where I want it to appear, then try and try again until it is where I want it. I want to be clear I don't place text with the tool I write it inside my program with the TFT_Write_Text command so I need the exact X-Y position. I believe this is more clear now and you know what I need. The grid is one way but more I use VTFT I think my other suggestion of seeing the X-Y position on mouse over, would be even more usefull.

Thank you.
Serge T.

Return to “Visual TFT Wish List”