Demo Limit

General discussion on Visual TFT Software.
Author

Demo Limit

#1 Post by JerryHRoss » 03 Jan 2011 05:11

I have a licensed version of Visual TFT which is producing "Demo Limit" failures in both my licensed mikroC Pro for the AVR and mikroBasic Pro for the AVR compilers. This includes a new project that I generated and the examples you provide.

The code produced for both the C and Basic compilers have the following issues:

Both TFT_BLED_Direction and TFT_BLED are undefined.

The Basic code as generated by Visual TFT contains C++ type comments in the events file, i.e.

' Event Handlers

//--------------------- User code ---------------------//

//----------------- End of User code ------------------//

// Event Handlers
end.

Helmut

Re: Demo Limit

#2 Post by Helmut » 03 Jan 2011 14:24

Happy new year!

Did you see the setting?
Best regards Helmut
Attachments
tft_setting.png
tft_setting.png (244.66 KiB) Viewed 4459 times

JerryHRoss

#3 Post by JerryHRoss » 03 Jan 2011 15:21

They do not exist in the AVR and custom versions of the setup screen, but code is generated to use them. Resulting in the "not defined" errors.

What about the other part of my original post regarding the "Demo Limit" error when linking?

marko.ziv
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by marko.ziv » 04 Jan 2011 10:48

Hello,

Firstly, apologies for the late response, but today(4th) is the first business day for mikroElektronika after the holidays.

About the TFT_BLED connection, we have corrected the Boards.xml file, you can download it and replace old file with this one
(it is located in the \Board Defs\ folder where your VisualTFT tool is installed)
That will remove "not defined" errors you have.
I have a licensed version of Visual TFT which is producing "Demo Limit" failures in both my licensed mikroC Pro for the AVR and mikroBasic Pro for the AVR compilers.
If you purchased licenses for both Visual TFT and compilers you shouldn't be getting demo limit messages.
Easy way to find where the problem is is to start with your Visual TFT:
1. Create new project with enough objects to go over demo limit (more than 8 objects)
2. Now click on Generate code or Save. If you see code generated and you are not getting Demo Limit message this means your Visual TFT is working OK.
3. Easy way to check if your compiler license is working correctly is to try GLCD example, provided in the
Examples folder of your compiler, if building it doesn't generate demo limit message then your compiler license is OK.

Hope this clears things a bit. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.
Best Regards
Attachments
Boards.rar
(1.36 KiB) Downloaded 224 times

JerryHRoss

#5 Post by JerryHRoss » 05 Jan 2011 02:50

This problem appears to be related to mikroC Pro for the AVR and mikroBasic Pro for the AVR. I recently updated both to 4.60. The licensing executable for each ran with no problems and both show that they are registered to me in the About box.

Yet they both fail with "Demo Limit" errors when linking larger projects, whether TFT or not. It appears that the license did not take.

slavisa.zlatanovic
mikroElektronika team

#6 Post by slavisa.zlatanovic » 05 Jan 2011 13:03

Hi!
The licensing executable for each ran with no problems and both show that they are registered to me in the About box.
Note that the license key is linked to the compiler installation hard disk partition (its ID).
The situation you described occurs when you install the license key linked to some other hard disk or hard disk partition.
Please, repeat the registration procedure from the compiler you've just installed (as you said v4.60).
We'll send you the license key free of charge.
Best regards
Slavisa

JerryHRoss

#7 Post by JerryHRoss » 05 Jan 2011 14:21

Slavisa,

The new key fixed the problem with 'C' but my Pro Basic still fails must obtain an updated key for it also.

I forced both installations, C and Basic, of 4.60 be in the c:\Programs (x86) instead of the default location. That must have caused the problem with the licensing keys. I must remember to keep the next version(s) in the same location(s).

Sorry for the confusion.

Jerry

Return to “Visual TFT General”