v1.50 Package manager several problems regarding filtering

Beta Testing discussion on Package Manager Software.
Author

v1.50 Package manager several problems regarding filtering

#1 Post by Dany » 25 Apr 2011 18:52

Hi, I have problems with the package manager v1.50 concerning the selection of the PIC's for which a library is valid (filtering).

Example: I have a P16 and a P18 version of the "StrngUtils library.
Their sourcefilenames and .mcl filenames are different, but they are both in the same package. So, no special conditions there.

I Have seen at least 2 anomalies in the package manager's behaviour"with above libraries:

1. The P16 and P18 libraries were interchanged (probably after renaming the aliasses/directories): the P16 library was used on a P18 Pic and vice versa,

2. On a P18 PIC the 2 libraries were visible in the IDE's library manager (both the P16 and the P18 version). After closing down and starting up again the package manager, it seems both libraries are "marked" for P18... ???

At this moment I have huge problems in using the package manager. Has its user interface been thouroughly tested? It looks like a great tool, and I would like to use it very much, but it is (for me anyway) problematic in its usage. If feels very unreliable (at least regarding filtering). A pity...

Thanks in advance!

p.s. see also my previous posts regarding thepackage manager, they are making work with the package managers user interface rather hard. A pity...
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)
Remember when we were young? We shone like the sun. (David Gilmour)

Return to “Package Manager Beta Testing”