Announcing the development of LIBSTOCK - Your place for code

Here you can find latest news on mikroElektronika products.
Author

Re: Announcing the development of LIBSTOCK - Your place for

#31 Post by RoMSI75 » 05 Apr 2011 20:35

stevenindon wrote:the user libraries should be a "Use at yr own risk"... as we should NOT trouble mikroe too much.
Totally agree with you. I used to make a lot of noise on this forum about issues in mE library (and I think that some of the guy didn't like that :wink:).
All of the software touched in this forum is "use at your own risk". I didn't find any until now that will guarantee for "bug-free". Even I didn't guarantee for bug-free in my products but I assure that I do my best to find and solve all the issues that is found. I'm mad (on me) when is happen, but I'm graceful when is reported. That's the software!
Good luck,
MSI
---
(Building FlowerDrawer.mpas unit using only mP compiler 8) )

nart_schinackow

#32 Post by nart_schinackow » 08 Apr 2011 18:13

I think This Is One Of The Best Oportunities i could share over 30 nice projects with all the people and also take many ideas from others !!!
very cool mikroelectronika thanks alot for this nice company two thumbs up!!!!!!!!!! :D

K0RU

#33 Post by K0RU » 09 Apr 2011 01:35

How do I upload my samples? Is it fully functional yet, I went there and Wow, thats fantastic but I don't see where to upload my samples yet.

Samples are just that Samples... Use it to learn, not to be a fully functional working model.

Rob
K0RU

stevenindon

#34 Post by stevenindon » 09 Apr 2011 14:42

KORU,

The lib section is not ready yet and will be up soon anytime.
Samples are just that Samples... Use it to learn, not to be a fully functional working model.
I guess that is the whole point and i guess no one can really come out with perfect codes.. Too tight rules will scare people off.. No one dares even to upload their libraries.

We all improve by learning through mistakes.. and great ideas are to be shared among..
All who participates please help to improve but not just criticize.

Thanks all!! :)

joseLB

#35 Post by joseLB » 14 Apr 2011 23:19

stevenindon wrote:I guess that is the whole point and i guess no one can really come out with perfect codes.. Too tight rules will scare people off.. No one dares even to upload their libraries.

We all improve by learning through mistakes.. and great ideas are to be shared among..
All who participates please help to improve but not just criticize.
Thanks all!! :)
Well, at end, hopefuly any software has their flaws.... if not, what would be of us? A lot of jobless!!!! :D No more MP versions, no more versions of any software....

For example, I did tests into getting data straigth from optical mouse chips. The resulting MP code is extremaly simple (after search/read a dozen of manuals, examples, etc.), and these mice chips can be very usefull for positioning control, adquire/treat small images, movement detection and so on. Unfortunatedly I abandoned the project, but I think even not being complete, these simple routines/test programs could be of usage for someone, but I will not be able to "polish" them. So, I'm waiting for the area...
Jose

CVMichael

#36 Post by CVMichael » 20 Apr 2011 19:07

I can't wait to see this surface!! How far are you from completing this site ?

The only thing that I don't like is:
anikolic wrote:Depending on your interest, we are willing to expand the functionality to SELLING the libraries and project over Libstock.
This can be easily abused. I can imagine some people "starving for money" asking for ridiculous prices, trying to make a living out of it, "stealing" other people's code, revamping it, changing code here and there, then trying to sell it.
I don't know how the system will work, but I think moderators are needed to make sure such abuse won't happen.
I think this will just complicate things too much.

Keep it simple, keep it free!

PS. Will this be integrated into the compiler programs?

For example, you go to LIBSTOCK website, search for code by someone, found it, click on "Add to favorites", go to mikroC compiler, refresh my favorites library, check-mark it, and that's it, start using it...

p.erasmus

#37 Post by p.erasmus » 20 Apr 2011 22:03

PS. Will this be integrated into the compiler programs?
This is a very nice idea :D
CVMichael wrote:anikolic wrote:
Depending on your interest, we are willing to expand the functionality to SELLING the libraries and project over Libstock.

This can be easily abused. I can imagine some people "starving for money" asking for ridiculous prices, trying to make a living out of it, "stealing" other people's code, revamping it, changing code here and there, then trying to sell it.
I don't know how the system will work, but I think moderators are needed to make sure such abuse won't happen.

I can only support this selling it will become the birth place for touble
if we can't help one another for free then we should not take part in the forum ,
it is a no string attached forum you help or you dont do not expect money for it !
Last edited by p.erasmus on 23 Apr 2011 08:28, edited 1 time in total.
P.Erasmus
Saratov,Russia
--------------------------------------------------------------

Dany

#38 Post by Dany » 22 Apr 2011 19:42

p.erasmus wrote:
CVMichael wrote:anikolic wrote:
Depending on your interest, we are willing to expand the functionality to SELLING the libraries and project over Libstock.

I can only support this selling it will become the birth place for touble
if we can't help one another for free then we should not take part in the forum ,
it is a no string attached forum you help or you dont do not expect money for it !
I totally agree with what CVMichael and p.erasmus wrote:
Last edited by Dany on 23 Apr 2011 10:35, edited 2 times in total.
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)
Remember when we were young? We shone like the sun. (David Gilmour)

CVMichael

#39 Post by CVMichael » 23 Apr 2011 00:41

That's weird... I did not notice this until now: p.erasmus, why are my quotes under joseLB ??

p.erasmus

#40 Post by p.erasmus » 23 Apr 2011 08:27

old eyes with out glasses some times press the wrong quote button my appoligies!!!
it was ment to be you :D
P.Erasmus
Saratov,Russia
--------------------------------------------------------------

CVMichael

#41 Post by CVMichael » 23 Apr 2011 16:23

No problem. Thanks for fixing it :)

John Ferrell

#42 Post by John Ferrell » 09 May 2011 11:50

I am anxiously awaiting the LIBSTOCK function. The first objective of any miKro product needs to enhance the strength and position of the company. Any activity that promotes a competitor's products is counter productive. Promoting a vendor's products that extends or enhances miKro's products can be a little risky. A failure to perform of that vendor's products may be percieved as miKro's shortcoming. Handling the financial details of a business transaction makes that vendor a partner in the eyes of the customer. Please think this through carefully! The vendor whose products add value are not competitors! However, they do need to realize that new releases of miKro's products are likely to include elements that minimize or eliminate the need for their products!

Acting as an infomation point for vendors and normal customers is a great opportunity for all! There seems to be no limit as to what can be acheived with the miKro products. Beginner's bring fresh views and the seasoned "old timers" display usually tend to help simplify more complex issues.

Some sort of moderation is always neccessary to keep the vandals under control and the demented souls who want to spoil anything for every body. Unfortunately, it is difficult to get the moderation job done well without cost. Sometimes reliable volunteers are OK. I hope you can solve the problems in a manner that is cost effective.

As an old, retired computer professional I want you and your company to Live Long and Prosper!"
John Ferrell W8CCW

joseLB

#43 Post by joseLB » 11 May 2011 17:52

I make John's words mine.

And just to remember, we have here at the forum "Dany's projects homepage", a HUGE contribution to all us, (including ME) in a well organized site, with no costs at all. I myself contributed sometimes (less than desired or deserved) with his site.

Another example(this is fact a question). Sometimes I have some codes that could not be called a project, they are more tests or prototipes, that is, pieces of code that could be very valuable for some one else, but are not a complete project, nor are so well documented or finished code.

A small specific example: I did some tests on reading/writing directly an optical mouse chip (Avago and other similar ones). These chips can be very helpful in positioning, end of course, small image recognition, etc., etc. I found a lot of dificulties, even searching at internet. At the end, this reading/writing is extremally simple. But this is not an "finished project", it is a small test. I think even at that stage it can help others. But I do not intend to make a project (like those at the today's project area). So, to put it, it shoud ber "as is". This new area will cover this kind of code?.
If not, and if Dany accept it, I intend to put it at his homepage...
Thanks
Jose

Dany

#44 Post by Dany » 11 May 2011 18:53

joseLB wrote:This new area will cover this kind of code?
You can put it always on my homepage, regardsless of the coverage in LibStock... :D Send me all info and I will add it. :D
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)

Dany

#45 Post by Dany » 11 May 2011 18:55

joseLB wrote:This new area will cover this kind of code?
You can put it always on my homepage, regardsless of the coverage in LibStock... :D Send me all info and I will add it. :D I have changed the website layout a bit. Could you suggest in which section your article/code would belong? (maybe a new one...)

:? posted twice, sorry :oops:
Kind regards, Dany.

Return to “Product Announcements”