Migration / update

Beta Testing discussion on mikroBasic PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

Migration / update

#1 Post by nikhil » 14 Dec 2009 15:32

Hi !

I purchased the earlier complier about 6 months back. It had many bugs so do I get a new free upgrade to PRO or do I need to pay anything extra for this migration.

I've downloaded the beta but it has its blocks of code size.

I tried the Migration link document under Help > Migration document..nothing happens with the PRO edition.

Kindly advise.

regards,

Nikhil

jpc

#2 Post by jpc » 14 Dec 2009 16:48

you just ask ME new key, you will get it for free.
Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont rois.

kingGrey

Migration

#3 Post by kingGrey » 22 Dec 2009 18:06

Hi,

I was told that I should use the Help > Migration Document to convert some of my old code created from Mikrobasic for dspic. To be used in Mikrobasic Pro for dsPic. I clicked on and Migration but nothing happened, even though I have gotten the new key as was sent to me as seen below.

What should I do at this point?
Thank You for your help
An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
http://www.stevenswater.com/catalog/stevensProductdl3000.aspx?SKU=%2793750%27

jpc

#4 Post by jpc » 22 Dec 2009 18:21

in the current beta-distribution the migration document is missing, you can use hower the "import" option in the "project" menu, this will explain what to do.If you want to have optimal benefits from the new compiler i advise rewriting your old code , there are way better possibility's now than with the old compiler and reconsidering what you did in the past can have a very positive impact on your code.
You will find very extensive new definitionfiles containing constant-definitions for allmost everything, ORG of ISRfor example now can be made family-independant, you can access all registerbits by unique names, importing old code will not learn you to work with these features
Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont rois.

Return to “mikroBasic PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 Beta Testing”