Touch Panel TFT Library on ADC2

General discussion on mikroBasic PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

Touch Panel TFT Library on ADC2

#1 Post by Virre » 03 Apr 2014 23:29

Hi folks,

New to the forum, time for my first question.

I'm using Mikromedia for dsPIC33EP and VisualTFT. Got everything working so far, no problems at all. The dsPIC has two ADCs and i want to use ADC1 as a 12bit convereter dedicated to my application, but i cant figure out how to make the touchpanel use the second ADC.

Sorry if it's a silly question but i'm new to the compiler.

Megahurts

Re: Touch Panel TFT Library on ADC2

#2 Post by Megahurts » 26 Apr 2014 18:45

Hi Virre,

Welcome to the forums.

With the MMB's, like the dsPIC33EP MMB and the others, the touch panel and all on-board hardware is hardwired to the controller already
and not designed to be changed.

You will have to change your desire or intentions for the project to use whatever PIC hardware is not already being used for the MMB hardware.
Even though there are settings in V-TFT for assigning different ports and pins and channels for the TFT display and touch panel, these should only be modified if you can also modify the actual Hardware wiring too, and this is not possible with most of the hardware connected to the dsPIC33EP MCU on the MultiMedia Boards.

According to the pin-out diagram for the dsPIC33EP MMB, users have access to Analog lines connected to PORT lines RB0, RB1, RB2, RB3, RB4, RB5 AND RB9.
The PIC has other PORT Pins that are multiplexed with other HW modules on those pins that can also be configured as Analog channel Inputs, maybe use some of those that won't conflict with related HW assignments.

In truth though, the PIC supports Pin mapping so internal HW modules can be remapped to other pins for any modules that support pin reassignments.
This might be how you can solve the problem, or it could lead to a bunch of other related conflict issues. ?

I advise doing the easiest solution possible so you get working results without making it a fight with the systems design.

Feel free to ask for more help if you need it, someone will assist you, Robert.
HW: easyPIC5|PICFlash2|easyBT|smartGSM|easyGSM|PICPLC16|mmWorkStation|FT800 Eve|PIC Clicker/2|
MMBs:PIC18F,PIC33EP,PIC32|CLICKs:DAC,ADC,GPS L10,Thermo,8x8B LED,Stepper,W/B OLED,9DOF,GPS3,tRF,Hall I|

SW: mP for PIC|mB for PIC-dsPIC-PIC32|Visual-TFT|

petar.timotijevic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Touch Panel TFT Library on ADC2

#3 Post by petar.timotijevic » 03 May 2014 00:50

Virre wrote:Hi folks,

New to the forum, time for my first question.

I'm using Mikromedia for dsPIC33EP and VisualTFT. Got everything working so far, no problems at all. The dsPIC has two ADCs and i want to use ADC1 as a 12bit convereter dedicated to my application, but i cant figure out how to make the touchpanel use the second ADC.

Sorry if it's a silly question but i'm new to the compiler.

Hello,

Here you can see circuit of mikroMedia for dsPIC33EP:
http://www.mikroe.com/downloads/get/186 ... ep_sch.pdf

It is not planned that users change the circuit and basic way of functioning.

There is Peripheral Pin Select (PPS) which allows Function Remap, but this do not include ADC.

Best regards,
Peter

Return to “mikroBasic PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 General”