mP v.7.0.1 - toolbox is not visible

General discussion on mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

mP v.7.0.1 - toolbox is not visible

#1 Post by VCC » 26 Oct 2017 11:20

Main post: viewtopic.php?f=106&t=71100
mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC v.7.0.1

The toolbox, from the IDE's main form contains no buttons for user tools after starting the IDE. The settings are properly loaded from tools.ini, because all entries are there when looking at the Options(Tools) window. The tools.ini file is updated as expected when clicking OK button.
If there are available locations for user tools in Options(Tools) window, and the user adds a tool, it is going to be displayed in the toolbox after clicking the OK button. So, buttons are created for new tools, but not for initial tools (loaded from ini).

How to reproduce:
1. Open mikroPascal. No button for user tools is displayed after the "Active Comments" button on the IDE's toolbox. However, sometimes there might be an iconless button, between "Options" button and "Active Comments" button.
2. Click the "Options" button or open the Options(Tools) window from Tools -> Options, and make sure there is room for additional tools.
3. Add a valid tool in the Options(Tools) window (e.g. Notepad) and click OK. A new button is created after the "Active Comments" button and work as expected. If there are other tools in the list from the Options window, they have no buttons on the toolbox.
4. Close mikroPascal, then re-open it. No button is created after the "Active Comments" button on the IDE's toolbox.
5. Click the "Options" button or open the Options(Tools) window from Tools -> Options, all tools are there, including your last added tool, so the saving/loading the tools settings, work as expected.

Perhaps, it would be better to have a separate toolbox for user tools, not a single toolbox for both internal and user tools.

Dany

Re: mP v.7.0.1 - toolbox is not visible

#2 Post by Dany » 26 Oct 2017 12:09

VCC wrote:Main post: viewtopic.php?f=106&t=71100
mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC v.7.0.1

The toolbox, from the IDE's main form contains no buttons for user tools after starting the IDE. The settings are properly loaded from tools.ini, because all entries are there when looking at the Options(Tools) window. The tools.ini file is updated as expected when clicking OK button.
If there are available locations for user tools in Options(Tools) window, and the user adds a tool, it is going to be displayed in the toolbox after clicking the OK button. So, buttons are created for new tools, but not for initial tools (loaded from ini).

How to reproduce:
1. Open mikroPascal. No button for user tools is displayed after the "Active Comments" button on the IDE's toolbox. However, sometimes there might be an iconless button, between "Options" button and "Active Comments" button.
2. Click the "Options" button or open the Options(Tools) window from Tools -> Options, and make sure there is room for additional tools.
3. Add a valid tool in the Options(Tools) window (e.g. Notepad) and click OK. A new button is created after the "Active Comments" button and work as expected. If there are other tools in the list from the Options window, they have no buttons on the toolbox.
4. Close mikroPascal, then re-open it. No button is created after the "Active Comments" button on the IDE's toolbox.
5. Click the "Options" button or open the Options(Tools) window from Tools -> Options, all tools are there, including your last added tool, so the saving/loading the tools settings, work as expected.

Perhaps, it would be better to have a separate toolbox for user tools, not a single toolbox for both internal and user tools.
Perhaps this can be of some help: viewtopic.php?f=86&t=69487.
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)
Remember when we were young? We shone like the sun. (David Gilmour)

VCC

#3 Post by VCC » 26 Oct 2017 15:45

Dany wrote:Perhaps this can be of some help: viewtopic.php?f=86&t=69487.
Hi Dany,
thank you for solution. It works, except for the last tool. The existence of a workaround should not be a reason to avoid fixing the problem. This fix should take less than a day to be implemented on all IDEs. V.7.0.1. is out for some time now and simple fixes like these, with pretty high impact, get overlooked. :| From the post you mentioned, I see people are having this problem even in v.7.0.0. I stopped tracking bugs and versions.

Dany

#4 Post by Dany » 27 Oct 2017 15:52

VCC wrote: Hi Dany,
thank you for solution. It works, except for the last tool. The existence of a workaround should not be a reason to avoid fixing the problem. This fix should take less than a day to be implemented on all IDEs. V.7.0.1. is out for some time now and simple fixes like these, with pretty high impact, get overlooked. :| From the post you mentioned, I see people are having this problem even in v.7.0.0. I stopped tracking bugs and versions.
Hi VCC, I totally agree with you.
Nowadays I use one tool to handle all other tools: https://libstock.mikroe.com/projects/vi ... /all-tools. I gives more possibilities and can handle more than 10 tools. I can recommend its usage.

p.s. It was not my solution, it came from here: viewtopic.php?f=97&t=69139&p=278292&hil ... s.#p278292 :D

Kind regards,
Dany
Last edited by Dany on 29 Oct 2017 15:49, edited 1 time in total.
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)
Remember when we were young? We shone like the sun. (David Gilmour)

lana.arsic
mikroElektronika team

#5 Post by lana.arsic » 27 Oct 2017 16:51

Hi,

@Dany

Thank you for helping our user.

@VCC

I apologize for the inconvenience, many bugs are fixed,
but this one somehow missed, I have reported it again to our developers.

Kind regards,
Lana

VCC

#6 Post by VCC » 29 Oct 2017 09:11

Dany wrote: Nowadays I use one toll to handle all other tools: https://libstock.mikroe.com/projects/vi ... /all-tools. I gives more possibilities and can handle more than 10 tools. I can recommend its usage.
Hi, I'm glad you like it.
It was frustrating to have a solution/workaround to the fact that not all tool buttons were displayed (because I rely now on AllTools), but in this case, no button was displayed at all.

Return to “mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 General”