I need Help installing Mikrobasic Pro and mikrobasic 7.2

General discussion on mikroBasic.
Author

I need Help installing Mikrobasic Pro and mikrobasic 7.2

#1 Post by The Spartan » 08 Mar 2010 17:13

:cry: :cry: Hi i need some help , i have downloaded and installed the mikrobasic pro software v3.2 , but always i want to run it it appears a chart box that says "Saving settings failed" Failed to save settings to cfg file. also always when i close it another chart box appears and says an error ocurred in the application... can somebody help me?? i already unistalled and installed again but the error remains mi SO is Windows Vista
Also i have installed mikrobasic 7.2 and there is mistakes with this too, when i try to build projects it appears a chart box that says error : error writing to"". please help me because i need mikrobasic 7.2 for run the bootloader..
can i use bootloader in mikrobasic pro??

Please i need an answer... if it is in spanish it would be good XD

and sorry for my gramatical mistakes... i`m starting to learn english

zan

Re: I need Help installing Mikrobasic Pro and mikrobasic 7.2

#2 Post by zan » 08 Mar 2010 18:49

Turn off User Account Control (UAC) in Vista

tihomir.losic
mikroElektronika team

Re: I need Help installing Mikrobasic Pro and mikrobasic 7.2

#3 Post by tihomir.losic » 09 Mar 2010 14:17

Hello,

Windows 7 and Windows Vista have UAC (User Account Control) which prevents writing to config files.
You need only to turn off UAC and it should work just fine.

To turn off UAC, follow the path in your Windows Vista (logged in as administrator):
Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Turn User Account Control on or off , uncheck Use User Account Control (UAC) and click OK

For Windows 7, the path is:
Control Panel -> User Accounts and Family Safety -> User Accounts -> Change User Account Control settings and move the slider down to Never notify and click OK

That should solve the problem.

Best regards,

Losic Tihomir
mikroElektronika [Support team]

Return to “mikroBasic General”