MikroE Raod map on USB support

General discussion on mikroC PRO for PIC.
Author

MikroE Raod map on USB support

#1 Post by p.erasmus » 14 Sep 2009 18:28

I am just curious to know if mE plans to support other USB classes than HID,
They did such an good job on the HID library really takeing the complexity out of HID communication ,I find it superb that the lib can be used easy in an application.
Such support would be great if it would support winUSB applications and I think this is just not for PIC micros relevant but for all there platforms.
P.Erasmus
Saratov,Russia
--------------------------------------------------------------

anikolic
mikroElektronika team

#2 Post by anikolic » 21 Sep 2009 15:27

Hi,
By the end of this year, and at the beginning of the 2010. there will be a major revision of our USB library, and we have in plans to do many improvements, including new supported classes, multipoint device support and much more. I can't promise no deadlines, and cannot be sure what will be implemented for sure, but have in mind that we are taking a very serious step forward regarding this library.

Best regards,
Aleksandar
Web Department Manager

p.erasmus

#3 Post by p.erasmus » 21 Sep 2009 16:28

Aleksander wrote
and cannot be sure what will be implemented for sure, but have in mind that we are taking a very serious step forward regarding this library
This is very good news and as I said before you guys have a very good compiler and it is nice to see such support for Basc language as every body today leans towards C we older programmers enjoy to see the old work horse basic alive ,
I also know that there are many people asking for many different things
and Libraries but I also think that a Lib to supprt GLCD with colour such as the Microchip graphical Framework is a valid candidate for mE as it is directly related to Industrial applications and will give you a huge push in the market.
Please consider a PIC 32 BASIC compiler at the moment I use the C32 from MC ,but will change immidiatly when BASIC Compiler is available
P.Erasmus
Saratov,Russia
--------------------------------------------------------------

anikolic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by anikolic » 22 Sep 2009 14:42

Please consider a PIC 32 BASIC compiler at the moment I use the C32 from MC ,but will change immidiatly when BASIC Compiler is available
Hi,
We are very busy right now, and our schedule is crowded with projects. You'll have to wait until next year for news regarding this matter.

Best regards,
Aleksandar
Web Department Manager

Return to “mikroC PRO for PIC General”