Suggested IDE Improvements

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroBasic PRO for PIC.
Author

Suggested IDE Improvements

#1 Post by rhamer » 06 Jan 2015 23:55

I would like to suggest two improvements for the PIC MicroBasic (and possibly other) compilers.

I would like to add a right click menu option when clicking on a function in the code explorer to take you to the function implementation.
I am aware that you can double click on the function and it does this, but it also expands the tree at the same time which is annoying as I have to then close it each time.

The second item is a navigation back (and possibly forward) button that jumps you back to the place in your project where you were last.
for example, when working in a large project, I often jump to other files/functions to check something, then want to go back to where I was and continue coding.
If there was a history of locations stored, I could move to where I want to go then quickly jump back (several steps if required) to where I was.

Both these functions are available in Visual Studio and I use them extensively when coding for Windows.

Regards

Rohan Hamer

darko.minic

Re: Suggested IDE Improvements

#2 Post by darko.minic » 08 Jan 2015 10:17

Hello Rohan,

Thank you for your suggestions.
I will forward them to Software Department.

Regards,
Darko

Return to “mikroBasic PRO for PIC Wish List”