Simpler debug

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroBasic PRO for PIC.
Author

Simpler debug

#1 Post by igeorge » 10 Apr 2014 17:49

Can somebody make the debug in a simpler version ?
I mean having the option to see just the code window and the blue line moving as you code run ?
Or second opinion is to the blue line not just in assembler window , but also on code window.
Assembler is good for advance debugging to see what is happen in the core of processor, but as i trust at this moment the routines which you wrote for different functions i do not need to monitor in assembler what is happen if i make an input or a number change on an LCD
I just want to see the result on my code and follow the code lines.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it

marina.petrovic

Re: Simpler debug

#2 Post by marina.petrovic » 11 Apr 2014 12:46

Hi,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

You can use debugger and go line by line trough your code with Step Over (F8).
If the executed program line calls another routine, the debugger will not step into it.

If you use Step Into (F7), if the executed program line calls another routine, the debugger steps into the routine,
so if this routine is from compiler library, you will jump into "Listing" part of the code.

Best regards,
Marina

igeorge

#3 Post by igeorge » 11 Apr 2014 14:47

Thanks Marina.
This is clear, but the part is is you step out. The blue line does not return to code, it just stay on the listing.
It is any way to move the blue line from listing t code window ?
Have great weekend
Ion
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it

marina.petrovic

#4 Post by marina.petrovic » 14 Apr 2014 12:07

Hi,

If you enter into "Listing" part of the code you can press F9 to re-enter into debug and start from beginning.

Please, pay attention, if you do not follow the debugger execution on your hardware, for example, by pressing the appropriate commands (on keyboard) the execution will hang.

Best regards,
Marina

oliverb

#5 Post by oliverb » 16 Jun 2014 19:38

I think one way round it was to go to the code window and put the cursor on the next line then select "run to cursor". Not sure as I haven't done it for a while.

I think what the original poster wanted was a "step over if source unavailable" command.

Return to “mikroBasic PRO for PIC Wish List”