MicroBasic EasyPic8 & Codegrip

General discussion on mikroBasic PRO for PIC.
Author

MicroBasic EasyPic8 & Codegrip

#1 Post by dangerous » 14 Sep 2022 09:07

I have been here before about 6 months ago but since then, the firmware versions for Codegrip have been updated.

When I opened Codegrip suite the other day, it told me I needed to update the Firmware to v 1.6.0, which I did, hoping that the promised fix for incompatibility with MB had been incorporated. Sadly not.

The programmer option lists the Codegrip Suite but gives the error message "Could not erase chip, selected chip not recognised" when programming is used.

I have no idea if the debugger works as I cannot access the programmer on the EasyPic8 board. Does Codegrip have to be reverted to the earlier firmware again or is there another work-around to fix the issue yet?

If I rebuild the program as ICD in MB then use the hex file to program the MCU via codegrip, MB still cannot connect to the EP8 from debugging.

Fitting the chip to my EasyPic7 allows programming but tells me that debug is not supportred for this MCU. Is there an update for this? It was suggested that running at 32MHz may let it function but no.

EasyPic7 with MkroProg suite V2.90, Mikroprog firmware V2.11. EasyPic 8 with codegrip S/no ME2019172960035, Hardware V 1.00, Fimrware V 1.6.0. MikroBasic V7.6.0. PC: Windows 10 fully updated. Micro: PIC18F45K42.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: MicroBasic EasyPic8 & Codegrip

#2 Post by filip » 21 Sep 2022 12:59

Hi,

I apologize for the late reply.

In your case you should revert back the CODEGRIP FW to version 1.3.0 on the EasyPIC8.

As for the debuggin of PIC18F45K42 MCU on EasyPIC v7, it is unfortunately not supported by the EasyPIC7.

Regards,
Filip.

Return to “mikroBasic PRO for PIC General”