License nightmare with Mikrobasic PRO

General discussion on mikroBasic PRO for PIC.
Author

License nightmare with Mikrobasic PRO

#1 Post by plexa » 17 Apr 2016 13:01

Hello, after some time of iddle i did again update of my Mikrobasic compiler, reinstall PC then again i lost license for the tool.

In a past i encounter this many times. So following Mikroelektronika guides i re-downloaded and re-run licensing tool.

Than again (and this happened many times in the past) i have software registered to my name but cannot pass DEMO LIMIT (2k) size of compiled program.

The registration form at: https://www.mikroe.com/license_requests/activation/XXX does not work for me (tested many times on different PC), even i pass there corect 2CO receipe number (no feedback after Submit button) so i cannot get license anymore. Now its a week when i cannot work with the software i purchased (ofcourse i sent mail to Mikroe technical support - but still awaiting for).

I dont know if you folks had same issues with Mikroelektronika licenses, but i want to say clear here:

For me total iddle time (causing licenses lost) is about month of my life. Everytime something happen in my PC i loose license. Then had to wait, cannot use software i paid for.

Conclusion:

The compiler, software and documentation is good enough, but total overview is broken by boring and bad licensing system. For sure - my opinion is that legal user who paid for the software is in much worst position that potential person who stolen this software (and can do work everyday). The nightmare of the licensing system absolutely spoil quality of the Mikroelektronika software overview.

Please note: That registration form failure and not automated process of receiving license double users frustration. Even if you have already 2CO invoice number and you loose license on Friday you need to wait whole weekend for license activation (if you are lucky and can use registration web form - currently it is not working).

Many times even you succesfully activate the software you can still be limited to 2k of code (like im now) then you cant do anything.

Shortly speaking: Big shame for Mikroelektronika for extermination of legal honest people.

I dont know if anyone here could help, i just wrote this email to pass around my frustration. I purchased license and im really dissapointed, cannot access my projects now.

Regards to all of you.

Plexa

PS: Please before coment this: Im not an idiot. I did everything that user can do (reinstalation, registration, activation tries, technical support request), this is my true feeling about the licensing idea, not requesting for help (however appreciated if any). My System is Windows 7. Thanks

anikolic
mikroElektronika team

Re: License nightmare with Mikrobasic PRO

#2 Post by anikolic » 18 Apr 2016 08:10

Hello Plexa,

I'm deeply sorry and truly feel your pain. Your business is and MUST be our number one priority as we are only a tool you chose to help you achieve your goals. We are grateful that we had (hopefully still have) your trust.

My web team has done a lot of improvements on the website in the meantime, including implementation of the new licensing model. We tested it and had really low number of issues which we addressed immediately. I will personally oversee this problem until we resolve it. TODAY.

Thanks for being honest with us, and stay assured that we'll find a solution for you within hours. I'm off to investigate the problem, and I'll get back to you.

Best regards,
Aleksandar
Web Department Manager

anikolic
mikroElektronika team

#3 Post by anikolic » 18 Apr 2016 11:59

Hello Plexa once again.

I want to apologize once again for this inconvenience.
We've tracked down and fixed the issue. It is related to website form validation, which did had a bug in the regexp code, but did not show any error to visitors, and ultimately failed to create automatic requests for our internal licence management module. All requests for old Key File licenses from Friday to Monday had the same issue. We know the emails and names of everyone who requested the license, however, unique registration keys created by your compiler haven't been saved (that's the bug).

I will need to ask you to to repeat the procedure and submit the Form once again. This time, it's going to work.

On behalf of Web Department, I am truly sorry and I can only hope your business hasn't suffered because of this. We've already changed testing procedure, so this is NOT going to happen anymore.

Best regards,
Aleksandar
Web Department Manager

plexa

#4 Post by plexa » 22 Apr 2016 20:21

Apologies Accepted

If i can point only one thing: I dont know if other users had same issue, but opening older project on 6.6.3 compiler from project icon can hang the compiler. When Opened thru File->Open it is okay.

But this could be Windows7 issue.

biljana.nedeljkovic
mikroElektronika team

#5 Post by biljana.nedeljkovic » 25 Apr 2016 15:17

Hello,

We haven't noticed this pattern with the projects written in earlier versions of compiler.

I have tested it on Win 7 with some projects I had, but I haven't experienced the same issue you had presented.

Make sure you always start your compiler in the administrator mode.
I will make further tests about it though.

Best regards,
Biljana

BobKoe

#6 Post by BobKoe » 10 Jul 2016 14:45

Hello,
I just got my new ME PIC compiler 2 weeks ago and I too had an issue with the license registration. Then I realized that I bought my compiler with a dongle license and everything has been fine since then. I originally bought my first ME compiler back in 2005 but never used it. Currently I'm very impressed with the hardware they have so I have re-invested in their products and I am currently awaiting several more click boards to arrive. My initial plans, with my new found "toys," is to "rebuild" some of the projects I have built over the last 10 years or so. Keep up the great work!
BobKoe

biljana.nedeljkovic
mikroElektronika team

#7 Post by biljana.nedeljkovic » 11 Jul 2016 08:58

Hello,

People having fun with our products is always a nice thing to hear, thank you for the feedback!

If you have some questions or need assistance, you can contact us.

Best regards,
Biljana

st5

#8 Post by st5 » 26 Jul 2016 10:30

plexa wrote:
I dont know if you folks had same issues with Mikroelektronika licenses, but i want to say clear here:
the .key thing really is/was a mess, I had multiple problems with it too and had enough of it.

And then the website announced at that time(2013):
"If you choose Dongle Licensing option, you can receive USB stick with a single mikroC PRO for PIC license. Pay license and shipping and we'll give you USB dongle for FREE."

I bought 2 additional PICPLC boards, and said: hey, let's change to that usb thing, it can be put in the same shipping box.
And then I got the message I had to pay 19.9usd for this. That's not shipping costs, it's "upgrade" costs.

But at least, It works without causing additional problems.

For anyone interested in: How to milk a customer and lack support till he goes away: SUPPORT #LBQ-959-92145
3x PicPlc16V6 1x EasypicV7

Going from programming on PC to embedded programming is like working in the dark with sunglasses on.

filip
mikroElektronika team

#9 Post by filip » 27 Jul 2016 10:40

Hi,

I'm sorry if you misunderstood the sentence from the web site.

The sentence you quoted below refers to the purchase of compiler with USB dongle.
Compiler with file license key and the same compiler with USB dongle cost equally. In that sense (when ordering compiler with USB dongle), USB dongle comes free.

However, if you bought a compiler with license key and now you want to upgrade it to a compiler with USB dongle then USB dongle upgrade costs 19.90USD.

As far as I can see, you have bought the compiler in 2012, and since then we have sent you two file license keys.
Immediately after the second key, you have requested the USB dongle which was charged 19.90USD, as mentioned before.

Regards,
Filip.

Return to “mikroBasic PRO for PIC General”