Font size

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroPascal PRO for PIC.
Author

Font size

#1 Post by LGR » 15 Jan 2013 18:53

I think I brought this up before, but let me say it again:

It's good that you can adjust the font size through a submenu of a submenu of tools, but it's a problem that this also affects print size. I find that 12 or even 14 pitch is best in the IDE, but makes a mess when I have to print, and forget to set it back to 10. The easiest solution would be to make the printing 10 pitch, regardless of the setting. Separate adjustments for screen and print size would be better, but I'd be happy if the print were 10 pitch, non-adjustable.
If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything.

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: Font size

#2 Post by filip » 16 Jan 2013 11:06

Hi,

Thank your your suggestion.
Maybe it would be a good idea to have both font size selection available, for printing and IDE ?

Regards,
Filip.

LGR

#3 Post by LGR » 18 Jan 2013 20:12

Here's another thought: printing is a problem for a lot of tools as well, such as printing of the help file, which gives you no control over format at all. Maybe the best solution is to have an option to generate a PDF file. Then, the user can open the document in a PDF reader, and have all of the flexibility that the PDF reader provides.

A lot of open source programs are moving in that direction. It takes the burden to provide all of the options for formatting and printing off of the developer.
If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything.

filip
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by filip » 21 Jan 2013 10:58

Hi,

Thanks for this input, we appreciate your suggestions.

Regards,
Filip.

Return to “mikroPascal PRO for PIC Wish List”