USB Mass transfer from Pic32 to Delphi

General discussion on mikroPascal PRO for PIC.
Author

USB Mass transfer from Pic32 to Delphi

#1 Post by bobspencerr » 07 Jun 2015 09:02

Ok so after as lot of reading and searching I am now officially confused.
My project collects bulk data into a pic32 and then I need to transfer it in bulk to a Delphi application via USB.
I have read what I can on CDC, MSC and HID protocols.

Oh and I forgot to mention that I don't want the chip to be showing up as s storage device under windows. I am not after the user being able to access the data other than through my program.

To date I have always used the HID protocol as this is easy to get going. However the limitations are too great for my bulk transfer of data.

Can anyone advise me on the best protocol to use for this and if possible point me to any examples of both the PIC32 end and the Delphi7 end.

My project will send only small commands (bytes) from the PC to the pic but the pic will send bulk data (10s of 1000s of bytes).

I have read the information that comes with the LIBStock USB library [USB Device Library] but I cant make heads nor tails of it.

Any advise appreciated

hadv

Re: USB Mass transfer from Pic32 to Delphi

#2 Post by hadv » 12 Jun 2015 01:29

First of all you are posting your question in an "8-bit" forum.
But nonetheless.
As you are well aware there is a number of protocols that can be used.
You talk about pretty massive numbers of data, I can understand why HID would be stretched to a limit if used with 10.000 bytes (although I expect this to be achieved without problems, it just takes some coding).

My oscilloscope uses LIBUSB-Win and the files can be up to approx 30 k. Maybe this could be a solution.

Return to “mikroPascal PRO for PIC General”