Complaint

Beta Testing discussion on mikroBasic PRO for PIC.
Author

Complaint

#1 Post by bpislife » 04 Apr 2009 19:58

I have one complaint with the UI. When you move the mouse to the side to scroll down, you also have the tab windows that pop out. I really like those windows, but it would be nice if one of the two options below are possible.

1) as soon as you move the mouse off the window, it would close...not wait 2 seconds then close

2) you can move those tabs to the other side of the screen.

Just my $0.02.

bpislife

#2 Post by bpislife » 04 Apr 2009 20:39

I would also like to add to this list. When you scroll down the window, and the cursor slips off the slide bar (i am using a laptop) it starts selecting the code and the window slide over. This happens when I click and hold on the scroll bar. It shouldn't pull out a pop-up nor should it start selecting code until I release the mouse. It is very annoying.

Also, the find works great, but it only shows the first thing found. It should stay open and let me tab through all the thing that match my search string.

zristic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Complaint

#3 Post by zristic » 07 Apr 2009 08:23

bpislife wrote: When you move the mouse to the side to scroll down, you also have the tab windows that pop out.
I am not sure I quite understand this. Any screenshot?
Thanks.

bpislife

#4 Post by bpislife » 07 Apr 2009 23:40

It is hard to describe, and a picture is tough to grab. Let me take a another stab at it.

1) open any piece of code (must be longer than a page so that there is a scroll bar) and put the cursor at some point in the code.
2) using the mouse, click on the slider on the vertical slide bar.
3)Drag the slider up and down.
4) while you are scrolling down, move the mouse off of the slide bar and into the code space, without letting go of the left click button...so that the slider is still selected.

What you will see is that all the code that is contained from where you cursor was placed in step one down to where you are when you are scrolling, is selected. You may not even be able to see the code because the program has scrolled you horizontally to the right. It isn't a big deal if you are using a normal mouse, but if you are using a laptop it is a pain.

I can send you a picture if you like, but I don't know how to attach it to the forum.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this. It is this very reason why Mikroe is superior to all other IDEs.

zristic
mikroElektronika team

#5 Post by zristic » 08 Apr 2009 07:29

Ok, now I know what you are talking about. I thought we had solved this issue. Over here I cannot reproduce the problem, but I know perfectly well how it behaves. I just wonder what makes it to re-appear on your PC only.

We will monitor this bug and will try to solve it as soon as possible.

Thanks for the report.

bpislife

#6 Post by bpislife » 09 Apr 2009 02:31

In the most bizarre turn of events, I just went back and tried to replicate this problem myself (which I was able to do multiple times) but now I can't. I don't know what I did to trigger this. Not only can I not replicate the selection problem, but the side bar no longer come out when I scroll also.

Both problems are probably related. The only time I experienced this problem was when I was working on an imported job. Like I said though, I can't seem to replicate the problem. When I do, I will certainly let you know. Keep an eye on this post. I will keep trying until I get it.

bpislife

#7 Post by bpislife » 09 Apr 2009 02:36

I should also mention that I think I had this problem when I was running the ICD and was scrolling down the code. I don't have my EasyPic5 handy, so I can't verify that it was the problem. If you have one handy, you should try that. Ugh..this is driving me crazy. I know I am not losing my mind...well maybe I am. :oops:

dAb

#8 Post by dAb » 29 Apr 2009 22:57

Your not the only one, the scroll issue can be a real pain - just not got round to reporting it. You can move the tabs, just drag and drop but on last version they moved back next time you started the programme - not tested on v1.45

dab

Return to “mikroBasic PRO for PIC Beta Testing”