new project wizard

Beta Testing discussion on mikroBasic PRO for PIC.
Author

new project wizard

#1 Post by Charlie » 25 Mar 2009 14:00

Hi everyone,

Starting to dig into MB Pro.Really nice compiler.A few things.

1. I think that when using the "New project wizard" the config Fuses should be configured there.Instead of completing the wizard anf then having to go to another place to configure the fuses.

2.In step 3/5 in the new project wizard the static text above the editfield says File Name when it really asks for the path of the project.If I add just the file name then the compiler complains and I then have to point to where I want the project saved.
Regards Charlie M.

marko.ziv
mikroElektronika team

Re: new project wizard

#2 Post by marko.ziv » 25 Mar 2009 15:18

Charlie wrote: 1. I think that when using the "New project wizard" the config Fuses should be configured there.Instead of completing the wizard anf then having to go to another place to configure the fuses.
The decision was made to make the project wizard to complete and start project with default settings for the given MCU. Then if you need some additional settings you can access them via Edit Project function.
Nevertheless your suggestion sounds useful we will consider it.
Charlie wrote: 2.In step 3/5 in the new project wizard the static text above the editfield says File Name when it really asks for the path of the project.If I add just the file name then the compiler complains and I then have to point to where I want the project saved.
We will correct the text provided so it is more clear what needs to be done.
Thanks for the report.

Regards

Charlie

#3 Post by Charlie » 25 Mar 2009 18:29

hi Marko,
The decision was made to make the project wizard to complete and start project with default settings for the given MCU. Then if you need some additional settings you can access them via Edit Project function.
Nevertheless your suggestion sounds useful we will consider it.
I understand.I just think that when setting up a new project a default option might be good a long with being able to set the fuses at the start of a new project.Thanks.
Regards Charlie M.

marko.ziv
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by marko.ziv » 27 Mar 2009 12:20

Hi,
Charlie wrote:I understand.I just think that when setting up a new project a default option might be good a long with being able to set the fuses at the start of a new project.Thanks.
This would be nice feature. We will, very likely, implement this in the New Project Wizard, although I am not sure it will be implemented for this release (if the busy time schedule permits it) :)

Regards

Charlie

#5 Post by Charlie » 27 Mar 2009 12:27

Hi Marko,

Thanks.
Regards Charlie M.

Return to “mikroBasic PRO for PIC Beta Testing”