DOGM128 graphic lcd

#1 Post by Bjorn63 » 29 Jan 2013 19:29

Hi,

I want to use a DOGM128 graphic lcd for my new project:
http://www.lcd-module.com/products/dog.html
http://www.lcd-module.com/eng/pdf/doma/dog-me.pdf

Controller of this display is st7565 :
http://www.lcd-module.com/eng/pdf/zubehoer/st7565r.pdf

Has anyone already used this display with mikroBASIC or mikroC ?

This display is really great because it is compact and very readable, even outdoor with direct sun.

Thanks for your help !

LGR

Re: DOGM128 graphic lcd

#2 Post by LGR » 29 Jan 2013 20:33

Look in Libstock. There's a library in Pascal for pic32, but it should work for other PICs, with appropriate modification for the hardware. The source is included. Note that it only displays graphics. You have to roll your own characters, but I've done that, and with the mE font tool, it's pretty easy.

A word of advice: use the proportional spacing format that the mE font tool produces. You'll have to experiment to see how the format works, but actually printing the characters pretty easy; you just set the page and column, and then do a for loop printing the bytes up to the length.

I've done it; it's not that hard.
If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything.

Bjorn63

#3 Post by Bjorn63 » 29 Jan 2013 22:01

Thank you very much for your advice, I will study this library !

LGR

#4 Post by LGR » 29 Jan 2013 22:08

BTW, this is for full parallel interface only, but all of the op codes will work with the SPI interface. If you want to use the SPI, it should be fairly simple to modify the source. If you do, please upload the modified version to Libstock.

janni

#5 Post by janni » 30 Jan 2013 02:40

Bjorn63 wrote:Has anyone already used this display with mikroBASIC or mikroC ?
Why ask in mP forum then? :wink:

You could have a look at my uGLCD library (see its description here). It has a driver for 128x64 GLCD with ST7565R controller on unidirectional SPI. All you'd have to do would be to convert the driver to Basic - the main lib is precompiled and will work with mB. The driver was written for a different GLCD but it's the controller that matters so it should work with DOGM128 without corrections.

BTW, you will not be able to install the library as is in mB - I would have to re-pack it for mB after conversion of the driver.
LGR wrote:BTW, this is for full parallel interface only, but all of the op codes will work with the SPI interface. If you want to use the SPI, it should be fairly simple to modify the source.
Note that this GLCD's SPI is one-way only. One cannot read what's already on the screen (in GLCD memory). This prohibits more advanced operations like combining two objects or inverting an area - at least without using a virtual screen in RAM.

LGR

#6 Post by LGR » 30 Jan 2013 03:05

The thing I put on Libstock doesn't read the screen, either. I never saw that as being worth the effort. I can do everything that I need without that. The interface (and the PIC32) is so fast, that I have to slow it with a timer or it flickers, doing a complete LCD redraw several times a second. But I believe all the hardware lines are supported if that's something you want to do.

Return to “mikroPascal General”