Uses X-GLCD Lib in my old MikroPascal Project

General discussion on mikroPascal.
Author

Uses X-GLCD Lib in my old MikroPascal Project

#1 Post by jurizato2 » 22 Jul 2012 04:29

Hello! I must to upgrade an old MikroPascal V8.0 project to use a GLCD because the customer would like to have graphics screens with big fonts.
I read some tips to make these work, but I must to write texts with big fonts (Arial 31x32) in the screens and I saw that is impossible with my old compiler, because the maximal size is 5x8 dots.
Can anybody help-me? Can I use X-GLCD with old compiler? If yes, how?

jurizato2

Re: Uses X-GLCD Lib in my old MikroPascal Project

#3 Post by jurizato2 » 22 Jul 2012 18:16

Hello Janni!

Thank you very much for the answer!
I still have a question: That's work with MikroPascal V8.0 compiler too?
Another question: Know you how can I use my old project with MP 8 in the MP PRO?
In my project I use SPI Memory routines, ADC routines, Ethernet Comunication routines and LCD routines and I saw that some libraries are a little bit differents to use.
My project have over 5000 lines and it is hard to write-it all again.

janni

#4 Post by janni » 22 Jul 2012 23:33

jurizato2 wrote:I still have a question: That's work with MikroPascal V8.0 compiler too?
That version is from 2008, so it worked with old mP.
Another question: Know you how can I use my old project with MP 8 in the MP PRO?... My project have over 5000 lines and it is hard to write-it all again.
With pain :wink: . It may be lot of work to upgrade and debug. I still have some projects in old mP and am not going to change this. Just too much work.
Still, if the program is going to need substantial changes and/or it may be used for new projects, then it's worth the effort. Maybe it won't even be that painful - mP PRO actually got closer to old mP then it was at the beginning.

jurizato2

#5 Post by jurizato2 » 23 Jul 2012 00:26

Thanks Janni!

I will try-it and I will post here the result with the provided library use.
Have you already ModBus RTU over RS485 code implementation? (Slave side)

janni

#6 Post by janni » 23 Jul 2012 00:35

I have, for few commercial projects, but in assembly. I helped Simon Platten (Sy) lately to finish a slave project in mC PRO. You may find it on Libstock.

jurizato2

#7 Post by jurizato2 » 22 Aug 2012 23:54

Hello Janni.

I tested the library and it works fine! Thanks!
Now I still have a problem with the text: I write a value of a variable in the glcd and for example I have the number 243 for these variable and these value go to 241 value I can see "a shadow" or a rest of "3" in same place of the "1".
I think that the width of the "1" is smaler of the "3" and the rest of the "3" still alive in the glcd.
Do you understand-me? Could you one more time help-me?

Thank you very much!

janni

#8 Post by janni » 23 Aug 2012 01:38

For displaying numerical values I usually use separate fonts of the same width for every digit. This way I do not have to clear previous value before writing a new one.

Return to “mikroPascal General”