HDD Sync

General discussion on mikroPascal.
Author

HDD Sync

#1 Post by Bill O » 12 Feb 2010 20:05

Does anyone have pieces of MikroPascal code to that I can use to make 2 x PIC18F4550 sync 2 USB HDD?

It seems to me that this task is more suited to PICs than to using a PC to just transfer data from one USB device to another.

Dany

Re: HDD Sync

#2 Post by Dany » 13 Feb 2010 13:53

Bill O wrote:Does anyone have pieces of MikroPascal code to that I can use to make 2 x PIC18F4550 sync 2 USB HDD?
Hi,
As far as I know, a HDD is an MSC (mass storage class) device for USB. And (again as far as I know) there are no libraries to handle the MSC devices. :?
The only 2 classes that have been implemented now are HID and CDC.
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)
Remember when we were young? We shone like the sun. (David Gilmour)

Dany

Re: HDD Sync

#3 Post by Dany » 08 May 2011 19:00

Dany wrote:
Bill O wrote:Does anyone have pieces of MikroPascal code to that I can use to make 2 x PIC18F4550 sync 2 USB HDD?
Hi,
As far as I know, a HDD is an MSC (mass storage class) device for USB. And (again as far as I know) there are no libraries to handle the MSC devices. :?
The only 2 classes that have been implemented now are HID and CDC.
Here is finally an MSD implementation in mikroPascal: http://www.rosseeld.be/DRO/PIC/index.htm#usb_msd.
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)
Remember when we were young? We shone like the sun. (David Gilmour)

Return to “mikroPascal General”