mikro ProC more compatible with Microhip MPLAB?

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC PRO for PIC.
Author

mikro ProC more compatible with Microhip MPLAB?

#1 Post by david.harrison » 28 Apr 2011 20:54

Could you provide an Import feature to automatically convert MPLAB project files to your mcp32 project files?

Also why have you diverged so far from Microchip's compiler? For example, it is not clear how to set the configuration registers in code now. Microchip's complier used various #pragmas to allow you set up the oscillators etc. And you could include that in an include file so you could use the same settings in various projects. Now we have to set up the configuration setting using the fancy editor window, which may be a help to beginners, but is a real pain for experienced folks to use since, as far as I can tell it has to be setup again for each project.

Comments please?

Thanks, David
Regards,
David Harrison
Model Solutions of Canada Ltd.
The world's most Advanced R/C Sound Systems
www.modelsolutions.ca

slavisa.zlatanovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: mikro ProC more compatible with Microhip MPLAB?

#2 Post by slavisa.zlatanovic » 29 Apr 2011 14:26

Hi!

I'll pass your suggestions to our software developers. It will be considered.
Thanks!
Best regards
Slavisa

janni

Re: mikro ProC more compatible with Microhip MPLAB?

#3 Post by janni » 29 Apr 2011 16:55

david.harrison wrote:Now we have to set up the configuration setting using the fancy editor window, which may be a help to beginners, but is a real pain for experienced folks to use since, as far as I can tell it has to be setup again for each project.
One may save configuration setings as 'scheme' and load them to new project. (Which doesn't mean that keeping settings in code is a bad idea - it was already suggested before.)

Return to “mikroC PRO for PIC Wish List”