Seriously, improve your customer service

General discussion on mikroC PRO for PIC.
Author

Seriously, improve your customer service

#1 Post by Ls2 » 16 Jul 2016 17:56

Honestly, I'm completely mad with you, mikroE. I had to format my computer after upgrading to Windows 10 and, to my surprise, I can not work with my compiler because I can't register the product! And the best part: apparently I will not be able to do this because we are at the weekend and none of MIKROE staff is available to analyze my request!!

I don't want anyone have to work on weekends, but if you insist on this terrible way to register the product (through forms, license key file to every formatting, etc.), why not make an automatic system for this? I use your compiler two years ago, I can't remember that I need to request a new license file every time I format my computer (maybe after now I remember!) :evil:

Seriously, this is frustrating. I planned to work on a project this weekend and now, thanks to YOU, I will need to postpone. Be sure that after buying the mikroC, Visual TFT, Visual GLCD, mikroProg, smartGLCD and mikromedia 5 is Tiva, I won't buy anything from mikroE.

Cheers.

anikolic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Seriously, improve your customer service

#2 Post by anikolic » 16 Jul 2016 21:46

Hello Leonardo,

I'm deeply sorry to hear about your pain with activating the license. Those things are in fact automatically processed, but if some data is missing, system asks the operator to handle the request manually. In your case, I think the problem occurred due to the fact that you used shopping cart ID instead of Invoice number as a reference.

I've brought your case to the attention of our managers in charge of Licenses, and we'll address the problem early next week. There must be a way to make this process frictionless.

I've identified your request and approved your license. You should be getting the Email with activation key immediately.

I hope you still have time to continue with your work this weekend, and I apologize deeply for this inconvenience.

Best regards,
Aleksandar
Web Department Manager

Ls2

#3 Post by Ls2 » 17 Jul 2016 03:55

Hello Aleksandar,

Problem solved, thank you. I would like to register my satisfaction with the attention given in order to solve my problem. :)

Cheers.

trevor

#4 Post by trevor » 24 Jul 2016 01:48

anikolic wrote: I've brought your case to the attention of our managers in charge of Licenses, and we'll address the problem early next week. There must be a way to make this process frictionless.
Aleksandar
@Aleksandar

The process is confusing. It would be really nice if the online registration web form called a spade a spade :)

At the moment, the web licence request form asks for:

o "Invoice number"
o "2CO number"

The email from MikroE contains:
o an Order number (different from the Order number from 2CO)

The first email (Sales Receipt) from 2CO contains:
o an Order number (different from the Order number from MikroE)
o a cart id (the MikroE Order number)
o vendor product id (the MikroE Order number)
- missing is any description of what was purchased which makes it hard to match emails with compiler purchases (I have six of your PIC compilers).

The second email (2CO Confirmation) contains:
o nothing of help except a link to the web form for a compiler licence request.

The MikroE account login which lists orders displays:
o an Order number
o what was purchased.

So:

1) Nowhere is there an Invoice Number to fill-in.
2) The 2CO email (Sales Receipt) does not contain any reference to what was purchased.
3) The 2CO email contains many numbers - which one is required?
3) The MikroE Account facility only records half the info required (No 2CO Order number).

I trust you can see how confusing this is. It explains why I have often made several requests hoping I've picked the right combination of numbers to fill-in in the right spots as none of them are called what you actually want from us!

anikolic
mikroElektronika team

#5 Post by anikolic » 24 Jul 2016 08:22

Hello trevor,

I understand completely.

Actually, official Invoice is received after purchase is confirmed, payment accepted, order processed and shipped. This is the last email, sent to customers automatically by our ERP. I suggested our team to include the processing of shopping cart ID, which is usually what customers find more easily, in the order confirmation Email (sent by the website immediately after the order is received). But they are one step ahead of this, thinking about:

The Final Solution

We are switching everyone to new licensing model! No more Key File Licenses and license requests with confusing fields.
Our Sales team is on the task to find out the best way to convert existing customers and send them License Activation keys.

This will take place very soon. I will update you here early next week about the planned dynamics, so you know.

Best regards,
Aleksandar
Web Department Manager

checker

#6 Post by checker » 24 Jul 2016 08:31

Nice, I cannot wait for activation key but I wish I had just bought the dongle for all my compilers but never really thought it was a good idea. I do like the freedom of the dongle though.

anikolic
mikroElektronika team

#7 Post by anikolic » 24 Jul 2016 08:39

@checker I understand, with dongle you kind of feel like owning the Ring Of Power. You can plug it in any computer and unlock the compiler.

However, since you've purchased several compilers, as you said, imagine that you need to plug in three dongles in your work computer, then carry them home on weekends, and if switching to a laptop, you need an additional USB HUB :)

With Activation Keys, you can unlock your compilers on all three workstations (work computer, home computer and your laptop). Not to mention that you're no longer in trouble if you format your hard drive :wink:

Best regards,
Aleksandar
Web Department Manager

checker

#8 Post by checker » 24 Jul 2016 10:11

anikolic wrote: With Activation Keys, you can unlock your compilers on all three workstations (work computer, home computer and your laptop). Not to mention that you're no longer in trouble if you format your hard drive :wink:
Best news ever, but I still would have been happy with one dongle to rule them all as well :)

I think key is the best solution, it frees up ports for development boards and UART. I may even have to take back some negative comments I made after this move.

Ls2

#9 Post by Ls2 » 24 Jul 2016 17:18

We are switching everyone to new licensing model! No more Key File Licenses and license requests with confusing fields.
Best news part 01.
With Activation Keys, you can unlock your compilers on all three workstations (work computer, home computer and your laptop). Not to mention that you're no longer in trouble if you format your hard drive
Best news part 02.

Thank you Aleksandar and MikroE! :D

dibor

#10 Post by dibor » 24 Jul 2016 17:29

Excellent NEWS!!
Right think , Good solution.
GOOD JOB!

trevor

#11 Post by trevor » 25 Jul 2016 10:07

@Aleksandar

Excellent news! Even better, if the Activation Keys are stored in our ME accounts online for easy retrieval when needed.

anikolic
mikroElektronika team

#12 Post by anikolic » 25 Jul 2016 11:37

trevor wrote:Even better, if the Activation Keys are stored in our ME accounts online for easy retrieval when needed.
That's a good idea. We're in the process of introducing the new online store. Every order and every user account will be imported there, retaining existing emails, passwords, addresses, etc. We have over 930 active products, and each got a refreshed image, description, etc. Release date is begining of September.

One of the cool features are the new user accounts which may hold a record of your digital licenses. I'll look into possibilities.

Best regards,
Aleksandar
Web Department Manager

Return to “mikroC PRO for PIC General”