Help coming from XC8 compiler to MicroC Pro for PIC

General discussion on mikroC PRO for PIC.
Author

Help coming from XC8 compiler to MicroC Pro for PIC

#1 Post by mehamerly » 01 Feb 2016 15:22

I am trying to convert over from Microchips MPLabX and the XC8 compiler to MikroE's tools.
I am having trouble in the following areas: (If there is a post or guide that answers these questions, let me know - I missed it on the forum when I was looking)

How do you set the Config Bits?
Is there a way to view/edit the startup code the is obviously being done by MicroC?
I often like to view the source code of the library functions, and modify them to fit my application. Is the source code of library functions visible anywhere?

Anyone have a good reference for starting from scratch on a project? I have downloaded and programmed several examples, but these are no very intuitive on what is going on behind the scenes and what is needed as well as where one sets up parameters.

Thanks
Mike

bpislife

Re: Help coming from XC8 compiler to MicroC Pro for PIC

#2 Post by bpislife » 01 Feb 2016 20:51

How do you set the Config Bits?
Through Project Settings
Is there a way to view/edit the startup code the is obviously being done by MicroC?
Not sure...
I often like to view the source code of the library functions, and modify them to fit my application. Is the source code of library functions visible anywhere?
Library functions are hidden by Mikroe unfortunately as I think many of them work great but I can't use them because they are validated and I don't have the source to validate them.
Anyone have a good reference for starting from scratch on a project? I have downloaded and programmed several examples, but these are no very intuitive on what is going on behind the scenes and what is needed as well as where one sets up parameters.
Maybe this will help.
http://www.mikroe.com/news/view/697/50 ... kropascal/

Return to “mikroC PRO for PIC General”