IRP - Message - How to resolve this

General discussion on mikroC PRO for PIC.
Author

Re: Re:

#46 Post by mayu123 » 14 Sep 2010 22:08

mayu123 wrote:
aleksandar.nikolic wrote:Hi,
Our PIC compilers, for the time being, do not handle indirect access to higher two banks of RAM automatically. This should be done by setting the appropriate IRP bit for addressing those higher locations. If some arrays end up linked in those parts of RAM, you have two options:
1. First option is the most convenient. Just go to Statistics and take a look at Used RAM locations and try locating the appropriate place in lower two banks where your array might fit. Then just use linker command absolute and force the linker to place your array there. I have found out that your two arrays might be fitted in to successive RAM locations:

Code: Select all

unsigned int on[16] absolute 0x00C4;
unsigned char output[16] absolute 0x00E4;
2. Other option is that you handle this IRP bit by yourself. But this is a little tricky and requires more explanation, so if you are very much into it, I will explain in more details, but if you are satisfied with the first solution then this is not necessary.

Best regards,
Aleksandar
hi i am mayu
please tell how to set irp bit in mikroc /mikro pro?
please help me
hi
i m mayu
i am using 16f877a
mikroc pro compiler
please tell me how to set irp bit in actual programming? , i am very confused about this...
please help me...

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: IRP - Message - How to resolve this

#47 Post by filip » 15 Sep 2010 10:17

Hi,

You can read more about IRP if you follow this link: http://www.mikroe.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 964#101964

Regards,
Filip.

Return to “mikroC PRO for PIC General”