v5.00 Build/debugger type inherited when opening project?

Beta Testing discussion on mikroPascal PRO for PIC.
Author

v5.00 Build/debugger type inherited when opening project?

#1 Post by Dany » 13 Jul 2011 16:41

Hi, Ive seen that after changing the build/debugger type of a project (Project settings) those new settings are still there if I open another project of whih the build/debugger type settings were different. It does not always happen, it does not happen when I want to demonstrate the phenomenon.

Anyway, I think this should not happen, I assume the setting is present in the mpppi file ([BuildType]), so the original setting could (and should) be read from the mpppi file.

Thanks in advance,
Dany
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)
Remember when we were young? We shone like the sun. (David Gilmour)

Dany

Re: v5.00 Build/debug type inherited when opening project (O

#2 Post by Dany » 13 Jul 2011 16:54

Dany wrote:Hi, Ive seen that after changing the build/debugger type of a project (Project settings) those new settings are still there if I open another project of whih the build/debugger type settings were different. It does not always happen, it does not happen when I want to demonstrate the phenomenon.

Anyway, I think this should not happen, I assume the setting is present in the mpppi file ([BuildType]), so the original setting could (and should) be read from the mpppi file.

Thanks in advance,
Dany
Hi, I see now (as far as I know) that the setting that was "inherited" is the debugger setting only, which is acceptable, it is not stored in the mpppi file.

So, no real problem after all. Thanks! :D
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)

Dany

Re: v5.00 Build/debugger type inherited when opening project

#3 Post by Dany » 13 Jul 2011 17:03

Still something odd:

While an opening a project while the "project settings" screen is shown then, if the new project has its "ICD Debug" selected, also "mikroICD" shows "selected". After letting the projects settings screen disappear and re-appear again the settings shown are OK ("mikroICD" is unselected, "Software" debugger is).

Thanks in advance. :D :D
Kind regards, Dany.

janko.kaljevic

Re: v5.00 Build/debugger type inherited when opening project

#4 Post by janko.kaljevic » 15 Jul 2011 16:40

Hello Dany,

Please can you guide step by step how to recreate this issue.
I couldn't do this according to previous explanation.

Thanks.
Regards.

Return to “mikroPascal PRO for PIC Beta Testing”