Trouble minimizing the IDE main window

Beta Testing discussion on mikroC PRO for PIC.
Author
tihomir.losic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Trouble minimizing the IDE main window

#8 Post by tihomir.losic » 06 Aug 2010 08:50

Hello,

Don't worry too much, it is usual Windows anomaly.
The solution is very simple: on the taskbar you should combine the options Restore and Minimize to successfully unfreeze window of our compiler and any other program.

Best regards,

Losic Tihomir
mikroElektronika [Support team]

WayneC

#9 Post by WayneC » 07 Aug 2010 00:14

Can't say that I've ever exerienced this problem with any of the hundred or so other applications I'm running under Windoze XP SP3.
Best Regards,
Wayne

p.erasmus

#10 Post by p.erasmus » 07 Aug 2010 11:52

I can confirm this stated by Losic
had it on 2 different computers and the solution by losic
solved the problem
P.Erasmus
Saratov,Russia
--------------------------------------------------------------

Sparky1039

#11 Post by Sparky1039 » 07 Aug 2010 16:33

tihomir.losic wrote:Don't worry too much, it is usual Windows anomaly
Logically this does not make sense because if true, then one would expect it to happen to other applications, over a wide range of computer hardware or windows OS. However I only encounter the problem with mikroE's IDE. I can honestly say I do not recall encountering this particular problem with any other application in memory. Claiming that it's just a common windows anomaly would be like saying that all cars exhibit sticking accelerators from time to time, but yet why is it Toyota is the only manufacturer performing recalls? Granted the "restore" tool button fix makes this whole discussion a moot point, but it doesn't excuse the fact that mikroE has a windows compatibility bug in their IDE code.

Sparky1039

#12 Post by Sparky1039 » 10 Aug 2010 16:54

A follow on update...
I just encountered the IDE minimizing problem again using Beta 4.0. This time it was from a fresh computer boot up with no other applications running. I started the mikroC Pro app from the desktop icon, and when the IDE window was presented I could not minimize it using the radio buttons. Only by clicking the mikroC Pro task bar icon and selecting restore did the minimize radio button work again.

I'm just wondering if one of the *.ini files are getting corrupted prior to app shut down the day before?

WayneC

#13 Post by WayneC » 10 Aug 2010 21:41

Hey Sparky,

When you first start mikroC does it look as if the application is going to run minimized upon start-up? Do you see the tapered ghost image (can't recall the name for that) that indicates the application will be minimized upon start up? That's my indication the minimize button won't work. Then I know to right click the icon on the task bar and select restore. Then it seems to work O.K. until next time. I can't, however, see what happens just before that to cause the minimize button not to work.
Best Regards,
Wayne

Sparky1039

#14 Post by Sparky1039 » 10 Aug 2010 22:48

Wayne,
WayneC wrote:Do you see the tapered ghost image (can't recall the name for that) that indicates the application will be minimized upon start up?
Yes I do see this sometimes on start up.

tihomir.losic
mikroElektronika team

#15 Post by tihomir.losic » 11 Aug 2010 14:55

Sparky1039 wrote:A follow on update...
I just encountered the IDE minimizing problem again using Beta 4.0. This time it was from a fresh computer boot up with no other applications running. I started the mikroC Pro app from the desktop icon, and when the IDE window was presented I could not minimize it using the radio buttons. Only by clicking the mikroC Pro task bar icon and selecting restore did the minimize radio button work again.
Hello,

This is Delphi issue, we are coping with since the first version of Delphi compiler for Win32.
The problem is somewhere between Borland/Code Gear and Microsoft, we are all eagerly waiting for the solution.

This is not mikroE's bug definitely.

Best regards,

Losic Tihomir
mikroElektronika [Support team]

Return to “mikroC PRO for PIC Beta Testing”