Spell Checker trouble (again) V3.80

Beta Testing discussion on mikroC PRO for PIC.
Author

Spell Checker trouble (again) V3.80

#1 Post by Sparky1039 » 19 May 2010 06:13

It seems the swiggly underline issue is back.
When starting mikroC Pro and my project auto loads the swiggly underlines are present even with the spell checker off from the previous session. To clear the lines I open the IDE editor configurations window, click on "apply", exit, and then scroll through my code. The swiggly underlines lines go away.
However, if I now mouse over to any of the flyout windows, i.e. Lib manager, Project settings ect... and change anything in these windows, the swiggly underlines reappear.
The only way to clear these lines is to go back to the editor settings window, check the "spell check" box, hit "apply" then undo everything as described above. :(

Edit:
Flase alarm. I just realized by accident the swiggly underline issue I spoke about is actually a cool feature of the IDE. :oops:
This is what I found. If your code contains commands for a mE library function but you haven't yet checked the box in the library manager, then the IDE places swiggly lines under those commands as a reminder to check them before compiling.
Very clever... nice going mE team. 8)
As a useful update to the help file and user manual you might outline this feature a bit more clearly on the next rev. :wink:

anikolic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Spell Checker trouble (again) V3.80

#2 Post by anikolic » 19 May 2010 08:57

Hi Sparky1039,

Thank you for you fast report, and for your detailed explanation. This is very important to us, so we can trace the source of the error quickly. Even if this was a false alarm, we appreciate that you took time to explain it.

We are doing a major revision of Help file (which will take a while to complete for all 12 compilers ((PIC, dsPIC, AVR, 8051) x (mC, mPascal, mBasic))), but we are introducing way better explanations, oriented to graphical representation and examples, more than pure boring text.

So, we will have in mind your proposal while developing.

Best regards,
Aleksandar
Web Department Manager

Return to “mikroC PRO for PIC Beta Testing”