Timing problem with glcd

Beta Testing discussion on mikroBasic PRO for AVR.
Author

Timing problem with glcd

#1 Post by Thomas.Pahl@t-online.de » 29 Apr 2009 14:23

Hi,
this is an older problem with T6963C Graphic LCD Library. Using this library with 240x128 glcd (the one ME sells) in text mode at 16 Mhz with ATMega644. After > 1000 writings to lcd (with T6963C_Write_Char) without problems (in a loop) i get some random characters displayed. Sometimes cpu crashes and produces pictures on the display that look as produced by a painting artist. My personell workaround is: project setting: oscilator speed = 4x xtal frequency (of real clock) so all timing values are streched 4 times and glcd works fine.
The disadvantage: i have to correct all other timings manually. Perhaps you can have a look at that library.
My impression of your beta is: compiler and ide become a real round thing!
Regards Thopas

srdjan
mikroElektronika team

Re: Timing problem with glcd

#2 Post by srdjan » 30 Apr 2009 08:13

Hi,
Thopas wrote:Hi,
this is an older problem with T6963C Graphic LCD Library. Using this library with 240x128 glcd (the one ME sells) in text mode at 16 Mhz with ATMega644. After > 1000 writings to lcd (with T6963C_Write_Char) without problems (in a loop) i get some random characters displayed. Sometimes cpu crashes and produces pictures on the display that look as produced by a painting artist. My personell workaround is: project setting: oscilator speed = 4x xtal frequency (of real clock) so all timing values are streched 4 times and glcd works fine.
The disadvantage: i have to correct all other timings manually. Perhaps you can have a look at that library.
My impression of your beta is: compiler and ide become a real round thing!
Regards Thopas
Are you using the latest v1.45 beta? Does the program continue to work fine after random chars are displayed or it crashes? Could you send me sample project to demonstrate this issue to srdjan@mikroe.com with the reference to this post?

Return to “mikroBasic PRO for AVR Beta Testing”