No Calibrated Internal Clock Option ATTiny84a

General discussion on mikroBasic PRO for AVR.
Author

No Calibrated Internal Clock Option ATTiny84a

#1 Post by jrpjim » 12 Aug 2021 05:37

AVRFLASH ATtiny84 has Calibrated internal RC Oscillator 8.0 Mhz but the Edit Project and Project setting only have Internal RC oscillator which results in PLL Clock setting which will not Sync with the chip. So how do I specify that the project should be using the internal Calibrated internal RC Oscillator without having to turn the board off every time I want to reprogram a chip.

Current steps required

First time using a ATtiny 84A chip.

Step 1 Need to configure program to use 8mhx external clock not using PB0 or PB1 (I use Blink to verify operation)
Step 2 Program the Chip
Step 3 Verify operation.
Step 4 Turn board off
Step 5 Change AVRFLASH to Calibrated Internal RC Oscillator 8MHz
Step 6 Turn board on and Write the Flash
Step 7 Verify LED's Blink.
Step 8 Turn board off and Move CLK I/O DIP14 jumper to PB0 and remove crystal.
Step 9 Turn board on Verify Blink
Step10 Begin debugging code using PB0 & PB1 but before any Build you must remember to turn off the board first failure to turn off board requires repeating the entire procedure including moving jumpers, Crystal and removing all references to PB0 & PB1 or unable to Sync with chip.

Now I am not happy that I have to do all this work to program a New part for the first time and I sure wish someone would have provided guidance in how to do this but once you have the chip working it would be nice not to have to remember to turn the board off before you compile especially since it is just a configuration file afterall it works on the ATMEGA32 why cant it also work on the ATtiny chips.

For reference this problem exists not only on the the mikroBasic PRO but also on the mikroC PRO

Return to “mikroBasic PRO for AVR General”