Improvement For Manchester Library

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroPascal PRO for AVR.
Author

Improvement For Manchester Library

#1 Post by pykedgew » 29 Jul 2010 00:12

Hi

I have been toying whether to mention this idea or not.

After having a rethink about the "man_send(byte)" from the "Manchester Help Library".

Main function was to take a "byte" & turn it into a "word" according to Manchester
protocol. Then nothing else at all should happen just 8 bits convert to 16 bits.

The rest should be left to the programmer how they want to handle the receiver wake up,
synchronizing & detect a certain pattern before starting to accept(s) the main data(s).

So in essence the teams have thrown in their special handler which thereby confuse
certain programmers who has to strip it down to find out why it does not work out the
way it does. Yes, I know it is mention in the Help Library & been pointed out by the
Team in the Post but that is not what I am on about.

I would like to see in next or whenever release updates a function that can return a word
from a byte that was pass to it & maybe a procedure to also carry out directly the byte to
send out to Port Pin in the word format. So you can still retain the original procedure
"man_send(byte)" & have new name for the function & procedure.

Regards
Ken

slavisa.zlatanovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Improvement For Manchester Library

#2 Post by slavisa.zlatanovic » 29 Jul 2010 08:56

Hi!
I would like to see in next or whenever release updates a function that can return a word
from a byte that was pass to it & maybe a procedure to also carry out directly the byte to
send out to Port Pin in the word format. So you can still retain the original procedure
"man_send(byte)" & have new name for the function & procedure.
I'll pass your suggestion to our software developers.
It will be considered.
Thanks!

Best regards!
Slavisa
Best regards
Slavisa

Return to “mikroPascal PRO for AVR Wish List”