Multiple software I2C, modified LCD library

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC PRO for AVR.
Author

Multiple software I2C, modified LCD library

#1 Post by one25 » 16 Apr 2013 11:48

Looking for a software I2C library I realize that MikroC doesn't have what I need... or at least I didn't find it.

Having more I2C devices with the same adress, I thought that using multiple I2C lines will solve the problem. Unfortunately, software I2C create only one. Would be very useful If we had the possibility to define more I2C interfaces.
For now I will try to use a multiplexing circuit or to write my own software I2C library (or to use the library "as it is" but redefining pins by using a macro every time I change line ).

Another suggestion is about LCD library. Since the R/W pin is not used, you don't know if data on display is exactly what you transmitted. If you have a long LCD cable, for example the LCD is on the electrical box door and the board is on the opposite wall, the noise in the environment will disturb your data and you'll have strange characters on display. Reading back should improve the noise reduction.

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: Multiple software I2C, modified LCD library

#2 Post by filip » 17 Apr 2013 10:02

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion, I will pass them to our developers.

Regards,
Filip.

jsbhalla88

Re: Multiple software I2C, modified LCD library

#3 Post by jsbhalla88 » 26 Mar 2015 17:29

For now I will try to use a multiplexing circuit or to write my own software I2C library (or to use the library "as it is" but redefining pins by using a macro every time I change line ).
can anyone help me with that..??? i don't know anything about marco I need 2 I2Cs for my application..

Return to “mikroC PRO for AVR Wish List”