Programming Arduinos

General discussion on mikroC PRO for AVR.
Author

Programming Arduinos

#1 Post by HowardJ » 30 Sep 2020 07:44

I have had some experience with MikroC Pro for PIC. I have the full version, and development boards.
I have become interested in Arduinos.
I have downloaded the free version of MikroC Pro for AVR. It is, of course, very similar to the PIC version.
Reading about Arduinos it seems that most amateurs want something for nothing, and it looks like that's what they get - nothing.
I have zero interest in learning some hybrid code like Python, or Arduino's own language version which is just a mess of combinations of other languages.
I see that Atmega 328P (as used in Arduino UNOs) programs just like PICs, with a Mikro Programmer.
The Arduino board has ICSP Pins.
MikroE make and sell a MikroProg for AVR. (Yes, the pin setup is different, but easily corrected with a jumper cable.)
Before spending vast amounts of money, I ask the following:
IF I had a MikroProg for AVR, can I burn Arduino Boards directly, using the ICPS pins, with code from my MikroC Pro for AVR?
Howard

Thomas.Pahl@t-online.de

Re: Programming Arduinos

#2 Post by Thomas.Pahl@t-online.de » 30 Sep 2020 16:47

Yes you can. Defintly works with Arduino Uno and Mega2560. I use it together with mikrobasic for AVR. A 10 pin to 6 pin adaptor for the cable would be usefull.

HowardJ

#3 Post by HowardJ » 01 Oct 2020 12:17

Thank You!
Howard

Waqas1988

#4 Post by Waqas1988 » 23 May 2022 19:50

Well simple answer is yes but you have to do a little hardware change before programing an arduino board. On mega2560 board you will see two soldered pads(reset enable), they are connected through PCB trace. You have to disconnect them using blade or cutter. Then ICSP pins will work correctly.

Return to “mikroC PRO for AVR General”