AVRFlash V2.11a

General discussion on mikroC PRO for AVR.
Author

AVRFlash V2.11a

#1 Post by sadavis80 » 02 Dec 2008 14:08

No other place to report probs with AVRFlash, so here it is.
Latest version.
I WANT to disable programming of the fuse bits so I can't accidentally program them incorrectly and hose my ability to 'connect' with my ATmega1280 (on a BigAVR board).

I'm running from the 10 MHz Xtal on the MCU card. Normal programming OK. When I UNclick the 'Fuse Bits' box in the options window hit 'Write', the MCU drops to 1/10 speed. My 10 MHz MCU starts running at 1 MHz - I have NO IDEA what is causing it, but can guess that it might be programming ALL FUSE BITS TO ZERO?? maybe??

At any rate, if I simply open the options window and recheck the Fuse Bits box, I can hit 'Write' and the MCU comes back up at the proper speed.

BTW - we need an easier way to know that AVRFlash has been updated. There is no 'Check for Updates' in the menu structure and I can't find a place on your website where it gives the latest version number. All of the downloads just say 'AVRProg2' with no version number.
Steve

JohannesH

#2 Post by JohannesH » 02 Dec 2008 16:31

Hi!

This is an old bug within AVRFlash which I have already reported for 2.09 and 2.10. As far as I could see it behaves like the following:

If you uncheck the programming of the Lock and Fuse Bits this is ignored and in fact they are programmed. In my case the MCU was always set to internal oscilator 1 MHz.

The only workaround is to always check the settings for the Lock and Fuse Bits and let AVRFlash program them every time you flash the MCU. If you dont do it this way you may find your MCU with completely unexpected programmed Lock and Fuse Bits. So be careful!

regards
Johannes

goran.marinkovic
mikroElektronika team

#3 Post by goran.marinkovic » 03 Dec 2008 09:17

Hi,

I successfully reproduce mentioned problem and I informed our Hardware Developers about this.
The issue should be corrected in coming releases of AVR Flash.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

Regards

JohannesH

#4 Post by JohannesH » 03 Dec 2008 22:02

Thank you for giving us this information!

Johannes

Return to “mikroC PRO for AVR General”