more test with the IDE

Beta Testing discussion on mikroPascal PRO for 8051.
Author

more test with the IDE

#1 Post by piort » 25 Jul 2008 18:56

hi Marko,
we are very interested in bugs related with the new IDE
1- that look like you use TMS component. I know them because i use it too )). Dont use the form styler or the appstyler. they dont work correctly. In the IDE, when you change the style, is not all component react. The worst and easyer to see, is the text editor... try the suite; whidbey,aquablue,artic,office 2003 olive, aquablue and soft sand... You will see what i mean. The best thing to do for changing style, its use the property of each component with the onchange event of the combo box you use for the style... Maybe someone else can test-it with xp32 and vista because i run xp-64 on this machine...

2- code explorer dosent work with LCD exemple... is the only no working one... strange...

3- When i open the debugger, the layout change for debug one...that ok. But when i close the debugger, the layout dont come back exactly that he was before. the layout come the last save by name...If i have made some small change and dont save it, they are lost. Maybe make a save layout before change by debugger ?

4- Stastitic windows are more useful this way but still need a print option. That will be useful to compare few compile of the same program with diferrent structure to find the best one... at least a 'save to clipboard'...

5- Since i have correct some def file, i have see something funny... If i compile code and i have a error...no prob i correct them, click build and the code compile ok because the code is save before compile... but if the error is in the def file ( maybe with one call with 'use'... but dont test it for now), correct them, click build.... and the same error is call by the compiler...I have to save the file manuelly before build to solve that. Maybe a save all file before compile will be nice ))

6- in SPI_GLCD.mpas (exemple file), line 51 at (@advanced8051_bmp) is under line in red meaning a error. I cannot say more about it because of the demo limit... no error at compile before the fatidic message...

7- Very limited number of MCU with this compiler. you cut down the number of interested customer. I hope you will be able to expand to all 8051 core mcu ...

general comment : I have see some difference between pascal for pic and 8051. Do you plan to make both exactly the same ? possibility of code portability conflic here.

1- 2 new type bit and sbit.
2- missing one : boolean .
3- the possibility to declare a var for a pin... like symbol in MB or define in MC ... var XYZ : sbit at port.pin;
Do you plan to include this kind of type and var declaration in MP for the rest of MCU ? pic, dspic, avr ? I hope soo Wink

Now more about Pascal...New IDE is a good time to increase the power of the compiler... specialy when you change it to go to a command line one Wink Do you plan to introduce support for Object ? inherence ? public and private variable ?

You really make a good job...all of ME team !

have a nice day

marko.ziv
mikroElektronika team

#2 Post by marko.ziv » 28 Jul 2008 13:58

piort,

thank you for your report regarding IDE, we will look into it as soon as possible.

It looks like that other beta testers are a bit shy...
Everyone is welcome to pitch in

Best Regards

janni

#3 Post by janni » 29 Jul 2008 15:53

marko.ziv wrote:It looks like that other beta testers are a bit shy...
Everyone is welcome to pitch in
Well, most of mE compilers' users are PIC oriented. You'd probably get much more activity, if the testing was done on one of PIC compilers (mB?)...

marko.ziv
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by marko.ziv » 29 Jul 2008 16:47

:D

All in due time janni.

piort

#5 Post by piort » 01 Sep 2008 19:46

hi...

about my first post .... prob #1,2 and 4 still present

Return to “mikroPascal PRO for 8051 Beta Testing”