one wish

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroBasic.
Author

one wish

#1 Post by p3t3rv » 08 Aug 2005 23:50

if i had a wish the best thing i could think of would be an archive so much information and knowedge is being lost here, need i say more :)
there are 10 types of people Those that understand binary and those that dont

zristic
mikroElektronika team

Re: one wish

#2 Post by zristic » 09 Aug 2005 08:19

Wouldn't it be better to have a book? :idea:

LGR

#3 Post by LGR » 09 Aug 2005 15:20

I think what he's saying is that there is a wealth of practical information on this forum, but somehow, it needs to be organized by type of problem, etc. so that it can be used as a reference. I don't see a way to do that that doesn't require a lot of work.
If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything.

p3t3rv

#4 Post by p3t3rv » 10 Aug 2005 11:01

im refering to all the information thats lost in the form of posts if you look up dallas rtc you make a bit progress and just when you think your going to find the answer your told that post was to to old and deleted

xor

#5 Post by xor » 15 Aug 2005 22:48

Archiving is usually a feature with Bulletin Boards/Forums. So nothing is lost going back to ancient times when Philips made a sundial as an RTC.
[color=darkred][b]xor[/b][/color]
[url=http://circuit-ed.com]CircuitED -[/url]

p3t3rv

#6 Post by p3t3rv » 16 Aug 2005 01:32

zristic wrote:Wouldn't it be better to have a book? :idea:
if the book can tell me how to communicte with a dallas 1302 like the information in the lost post could have then yes a book would be great

dont get me wrong i love books and i found the books here helpfull but at the end of the day a book is edited some info goes in some dont, who decides whats valuble, information to one person is rubish to another

the only way is to save all info and let people decide them selves, some times even the tinyest detail can lead to a solution even from an unrealated subject, why is the piclist so popular ? it has a massive archive
not to mention the advantages of new mikro users being able to draw on years of other mikro users research and projects and mistakes and differnt methods :D

xor

#7 Post by xor » 16 Aug 2005 02:12

p3t3rv wrote:if the book can tell me how to communicte with a dallas 1302 like the information in the lost post could have then yes a book would be great
I don't know how the SPI or I2C MB functions might solve your problem, but bit-banging might give you some results till you find something faster. It's only 3 PIC pins or 4 PIC pins (if you want to separate In-Out Data). This is not intended to make it sound simple....but possibly solvable. :arrow: :?: :idea:

Niki

#8 Post by Niki » 30 Nov 2005 02:29

A code repository would be really nice. Like the projects section on the mB web site, but split into categories (serial, glcd, i2c, spi etc etc) where any registered member can post their program/module/routine for others to use.

Having hundreds of pre-built routines available would make life easier for just about everyone here and reduce the workload of mE...

xor

#9 Post by xor » 30 Nov 2005 05:12

• Projects can be submitted by anyone who uses mB. Of course, they have to pass the scrutiny of the mE group.

I personally think it would be great to create libraries based on interface IC's which can be created out of successful programs using those IC's. For instance, the MCP4921 D/A converter. Create two simple instructions:

Code: Select all

4921_INIT(Vref)
    4921_OUT(milliVolts)
    For the 2 Channel MCP4922:

Code: Select all

4922_INIT(Vref)
    4922_OUT(Channel, milliVolts)

Niki

#10 Post by Niki » 01 Dec 2005 00:16

Hi xor

The projects section on the web site is a showcase of advanced projects to show off what mB can do. My suggestion was for "normal" routines/basic code. mE would only have to moderate the submissions just like they do on this forum :)

Your suggestion for the additional libraries is exactly what I was trying to describe. Like SHT11_Read_Temperature(port). Routines that have already been written many times, but just need to be put somewhere for everyone to use.

Return to “mikroBasic Wish List”