usb18f device driver voor vista 64 bit

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroBasic.
Author

usb18f device driver voor vista 64 bit

#1 Post by mrfrits » 12 Mar 2009 12:39

is there a usb driver version for the vista 64 bit version i have tryed the version voor windows xp 64 bit but no succes

ik hope that there is one so i can use my board at my vista pc

goran.marinkovic
mikroElektronika team

#2 Post by goran.marinkovic » 13 Mar 2009 11:52

Hi,

Drivers for Windows Vista x64 OS are not available yet, our Software developers are
working on it. The drivers will be available soon and they will be announced
at news section of our web site:
http://www.mikroe.com/en/news/

There is solution to this on our forum:
http://www.mikroe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11589

I am sorry for any delays caused to your project by this problem.

Regards

mrfrits

#3 Post by mrfrits » 13 Mar 2009 16:22

goran.marinkovic wrote:Hi,

Drivers for Windows Vista x64 OS are not available yet, our Software developers are
working on it. The drivers will be available soon and they will be announced
at news section of our web site:
http://www.mikroe.com/en/news/

There is solution to this on our forum:
http://www.mikroe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11589

I am sorry for any delays caused to your project by this problem.

Regards
thnx for your quick repley

i`m using this trick for now but i hope to get the right version soon

for now i`m only testing and learning the new basic (i used to program in proton picbasic trailversion)

many things are diverent but ik hope to get it right soon

is there a new version of the mikrobasic manual the one i found is from 2006

thnx and keep on the good work

goran.marinkovic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by goran.marinkovic » 18 Mar 2009 13:30

Hi,

Unfortunately I can not tell you exact date,
but it should be soon as possible.

Regards

carotti

Re: usb18f device driver voor vista 64 bit

#5 Post by carotti » 21 Mar 2009 22:37

mrfrits wrote:is there a usb driver version for the vista 64 bit version i have tryed the version voor windows xp 64 bit but no succes

Hi, here is another solution that I have just got working although it is not as convenient as having the proper 64 bit Vista drivers! :idea:

I am running a Virtual PC emulator that runs on 64-bit VISTA called Portable VitualBox which can be downloaded for free from www.portable64.com. The exact download was called Portable-VirtualBox_v2.1.4-Starter_v3.03-Win64.exe. Unlike Microsoft's Virtual PC 2007 SP1, VirtualBox supports use of USB within the 'Guest' operating system from the real USB hardware attached to the 'Host' operating system.

In short, this is what you do: -

1. Download and install Virtualbox as above.
2. Configure and install a 32 bit operating system (XP in my case) as a Virtual Machine, enabling the USB option.
3. Run Mikroelektronika from within the Virtual Machine.

The only thing to watch out for is when you attach the Mikroe hardware for the first time (in my case EasyDSPIC4A) you are prompted to install the USB driver for VirtualBox. This is found in its install directory under /app64/drivers/USB. Reboot the virtual machine, reconnect your development board and install the 32-bit drivers for the operating system of your Virtual Machine (XP in my case).

It's a real shame to use a VISTA-64 bit machine in this way, but at least I can perform all my development work on the one machine.

Good luck!

Dave. :idea:

mrfrits

#6 Post by mrfrits » 25 Mar 2009 06:57

carotti wrote:
mrfrits wrote:is there a usb driver version for the vista 64 bit version i have tryed the version voor windows xp 64 bit but no succes

Hi, here is another solution that I have just got working although it is not as convenient as having the proper 64 bit Vista drivers! :idea:

I am running a Virtual PC emulator that runs on 64-bit VISTA called Portable VitualBox which can be downloaded for free from www.portable64.com. The exact download was called Portable-VirtualBox_v2.1.4-Starter_v3.03-Win64.exe. Unlike Microsoft's Virtual PC 2007 SP1, VirtualBox supports use of USB within the 'Guest' operating system from the real USB hardware attached to the 'Host' operating system.

2. Configure and install a 32 bit operating system (XP in my case) as a Virtual Machine, enabling the USB option.

The only thing to watch out for is when you attach the Mikroe hardware for the first time (in my case EasyDSPIC4A) you are prompted to install the USB driver for VirtualBox. This is found in its install directory under /app64/drivers/USB. Reboot the virtual machine, reconnect your development board and install the 32-bit drivers for the operating system of your Virtual Machine (XP in my case).

It's a real shame to use a VISTA-64 bit machine in this way, but at least I can perform all my development work on the one machine.

Good luck!

thank u for this solution i will try it , but how will it work with the registration ???? i did send my registrationform now with the use of the trick to use the xp 64 bit driver so wat will happen if i use the virtual machine do i have to get a new registration and will ik get it ????

marko.medic
mikroElektronika team

#7 Post by marko.medic » 25 Mar 2009 15:58

Hi,

Digitally signed drivers for our development systems are now available on:
http://www.mikroe.com/zip/picflash2_drivers_v102.zip
Among them you will find drivers for 64bit Vista.

Best Regards

carotti

#8 Post by carotti » 26 Mar 2009 09:51

Marko, this works for me on all my development boards on VISTA ULTIMATE 64 bit SP1.

Thank you so much for getting this job done!

Best regards,

Dave. :D

carotti

#9 Post by carotti » 26 Mar 2009 10:04

mrfrits wrote:
carotti wrote:

Good luck!

thank u for this solution i will try it , but how will it work with the registration ???? i did send my registrationform now with the use of the trick to use the xp 64 bit driver so wat will happen if i use the virtual machine do i have to get a new registration and will ik get it ????
This situation is the same as if you are installing on a new hard drive, you will have to request a change of registration to the virtual drive that you have created. This should not be a problem for your supplier to do for you. As you can see signed 64 bit drivers are available as of yesterday to I recommend you you this route!

Good luck!

Dave.

mrfrits

#10 Post by mrfrits » 06 May 2009 08:44

marko.medic wrote:Hi,

Digitally signed drivers for our development systems are now available on:
http://www.mikroe.com/zip/picflash2_drivers_v102.zip
Among them you will find drivers for 64bit Vista.

Best Regards
thanks
i`m using it now works great

angwabod

#11 Post by angwabod » 06 Jul 2011 05:05

I have the referenced driver and can't get it to install. I have an EasyPic5 board with the Basic Compiler V6.0.0.0

The mikroBasic tool comes up and seems to work, but it can't communicate with board as it doesn't find the driver for the USB interface. Is there a description somewhere that describes the steps to get the tool to be setup with Vista 64?

Thanks

angwabod

#12 Post by angwabod » 06 Jul 2011 05:13

I posted too quickly. I have it running now.

Return to “mikroBasic Wish List”