well that's true but...

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroBasic.
Author

well that's true but...

#1 Post by Sidharta » 06 Sep 2005 07:27

Well procedures and functions are not part of the basic either.
neither structures and unions.
Pointers are not parts of Basic but they are usefull.
I think Basic must be confortable to programmers and most important is efficiency in the use of code and with repeat you avoid using a local byte variable, probably even you can get a more compact code.
The purism in an ANSI Basic would be important in order to make MICROBASIC portable to other basics. It's not the case because there are a lot of improvements especific to the PIC structure that don't allow a direct portability :roll:

zristic
mikroElektronika team

Re: well that's true but...

#2 Post by zristic » 08 Sep 2005 20:09

The problem with Basic is that it does not have a standard. We encountered so many definitions of Basic during the making of the compiler, that we did no know which one to choose. So we had to make a decision anyway, so we used the most common ones used in ASP and in VB with some extensions for PIC architecture.

I had a teacher of English who was a puritan. None understood her, even English native speakers. I do not think it is wise not to adopt the language to contemporary thinking. Simply, it is not productive- we have no time for decoding symbolism behind obscure structures.

xor

Re: well that's true but...

#3 Post by xor » 08 Sep 2005 23:21

zristic wrote:I do not think it is wise not to adopt the language to contemporary thinking. Simply, it is not productive- we have no time for decoding symbolism behind obscure structures.
Wow, that's deep....and I thought you guys only did programming. :D
[color=darkred][b]xor[/b][/color]
[url=http://circuit-ed.com]CircuitED -[/url]

Return to “mikroBasic Wish List”