EEPROM data not writing... (and other errors)

Beta Testing discussion on mikroPascal.
Author

EEPROM data not writing... (and other errors)

#1 Post by Mark- » 15 Mar 2009 20:20

Hello,

V 1.34 beta.

1. I set the EEPROM data in the editor. I do a build and write program. Ctrl +F11. The program builds and downloads, but not the EEPROM data.

Everytime the PicFlash[v7.11] starts the Hex File Options group settings is not as I left it. The Data(EEPROM) checkbox is off. It is cleared by something. The EEPROM data is not written to the device. If I check the box, load the hex file and do a verify I get DATA 256 Errors(s).

In the program options for PicFlash I have Program All Checked. But the EEPROM data does not transfer unless the Data(EEPROM) is also checked and the hex file is reloaded.

2. When in the hex editor, if I select save and supply a name I get an error if I let the default type be used. (EEPROM Dump (*.eed)

Error:Nothing to save. There are no grid inputs made in via the eeprom editor.

I have made changes. If I select Hex as the file type no problem. I think the default type needs to be removed since it is not supported. Or something else changed to correct the error behavior.

3. The breakpoints do not work. I place a break point in some setup code. I start the debugger with F9. The arrow appears at the first line in the program. I select F6 to run. The breakpoint is never hit. If I step through the code the line with the breakpoint is executed.

4. A program that exeucted under version 8.X does not run under version 1.34 for very long. I do not know why. It just stops executing.

The double loading and the steps to reload the EEPROM are really hurting the time to locate the problem. And that the breakpoints do not work is a pain.

5. According to the help file this should work:

const in0OnDelayPreset = 2; code;

It does not, error: Syntax error: Expected "end" but "code" found.

Though I am a little confused what is the value of this memory type/area specificer. Are not all constants (that are used) stored in the code area? What is the Output Settings/Include ROM constants?

Is anyone using this beta release with success?

What am I missing?

Regards,

Mark
Last edited by Mark- on 16 Mar 2009 16:19, edited 2 times in total.

marko.ziv
mikroElektronika team

#2 Post by marko.ziv » 16 Mar 2009 12:20

Hi,

just to make be sure, you tried this on mikroPascal not mikroPascal PRO for PIC? If this is true please give our new compiler a try:
http://www.mikroe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18748
Just to verify if this reports are still valid in new compiler.

Thank you for your time

Mark-

#3 Post by Mark- » 16 Mar 2009 15:58

Hello,

No. As I said, V 1.34 beta.

I have gone back to 8.0.0.1 because of the errors.

Ciao,

Mark

P.S. All the errors are reproducible. :cry:

Return to “mikroPascal Beta Testing”